• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Vladimir Nabokov

Thanks for the votes!
We'll let the little ball roll around some more and see where it settles.
Meanwhile I'll start thinking positively.
Over coffee, :)
Peder

steffee said:
Though actually, that does look great. I really, urgently, desperately need Stacey Schiff's Vera, too, but I daren't buy any more books since I really have nowhere to put them...

But yes, that looks great. Why didn't the UK Amazon give me the option to but them both together? No fair!
I didn't buy them together either, as I already had a hardback I'd picked up at a Library Sale last summer. I didn't plan to buy the paperback, but since I scribble so much in these Nabokov's, I wanted something scribbleable. So now I have that as well.

And books can be stacked any and everywhere! believe you me.....I know! :cool: :eek:

Just popped in to say hi and goodnight. And my greenlights on for Sebastian. I've already started reading it and hope to finish it within the next few days if all goes well. Finding it has a much easier flow than Glory and so I've not found myself stumbling along the winding woodland path. It is just as intriguing learning about the artistic Sebastian as it is in gleaning the thoughts and feelings of the narrator - two characters for the price of one:D

Hope to see you all soon.... yawn.... must stumble into bed now.... I've been painting ceilings today - 12ft in the air and I'm all of 5'2":eek: Night, night all.

Breaca said:
Just popped in to say hi and goodnight. And my greenlights on for Sebastian. I've already started reading it and hope to finish it within the next few days if all goes well. Finding it has a much easier flow than Glory and so I've not found myself stumbling along the winding woodland path. It is just as intriguing learning about the artistic Sebastian as it is in gleaning the thoughts and feelings of the narrator - two characters for the price of one:D

Hope to see you all soon.... yawn.... must stumble into bed now.... I've been painting ceilings today - 12ft in the air and I'm all of 5'2":eek: Night, night all.
Breaca!
Overjoyed to hear from you, and with such wonderful news that you are reading Sebastian Knight! I was getting to fear that you might have gotten involved in doing some of the important things in life, like painting ceilings perhaps. :D :D :D But I have to tell you, once you hit the home stretch in the book, you may not be able to put it down, even for painting. :rolleyes:
So, maybe we can get underway in a day or two,
But, please, no paint on the keyboard,
Worried,
Peder

Peder said:
Thanks for the votes!
We'll let the little ball roll around some more and see where it settles.
Meanwhile I'll start thinking positively.
Over coffee, :)
Peder

Peder, what would we do without you?

And positivity is patently your pattern. ;)

StillILearn said:
Peder, what would we do without you?
Have great, stimulating, enjoyable, fun conversations about Nabokov and all things related, just like I have been priveleged to be a part of. Why? Have I missed something else? Apart from about 800 years on another planet when there was a film of Swann's Way that I never knew about, and all the other great things in life that you all have also discovered?
It has all been so easy, and so much fun.
Thank you,
But keep up the good work, :)
Peder

Peder said:
But, please, no paint on the keyboard,
Worried,
Peder
LOL! He speaks from experience.....coffee....Keyboard.....:eek:

So..no coffee, paint, tea, hot chocolate, or wine, or any rum and coke a colas near the keyboard folks! And put down that White Russian, no not Nabokov, the creme de cocco and half and half, with a shot of vodka...one. :eek: :D :p

pontalba said:
LOL! He speaks from experience.....coffee....Keyboard.....:eek:

So..no coffee, paint, tea, hot chocolate, or wine, or any rum and coke a colas near the keyboard folks! And put down that White Russian, no not Nabokov, the creme de cocco and half and half, with a shot of vodka...one. :eek: :D :p
Pontalba,
Well, since you're buying ....:D
But actually the only good news to add is that, if need be, you can replace your keyboard two or three times or more. :eek: I've done it twice now. :rolleyes: The repairman even remembers me now and is convinced I'm hopeless! :D
Peder

Ms. Hi!
I hope you have heard by now that a group is forming up ready and eager to discuss The Real Life of Sebastian Knight that you recommended. I thought it was a great book and I really hope that you will be part of the discussion and will share your own enthusiasm about it!
Is a day or so from now OK to begin?
Please give a dingle,
Sincerely, :)
Peder

StillILearn said:
Just finished TRLoSK. Whew! What a ride! :D
SIL,
So you have that feeeling too?! :)
I can hardly wait for the discussion.
And I can see why Ms. recommended it
(Hint Ms. Come in wherever you are!)
Peder

pontalba said:
Brewing, brewing.........yup, just about the right strength. :cool:
Pontalba,
I suggest one more turn of the world to let the ships at sea respond. Then we'll get underway.
Meanwhile I'm turning in,
CU all tmw for the big day, :)
Peder

Start it now. Now! Don't wait until the middle of the night.

I am reading. Yay, SK thread. Yay!

Toes!!

steffee said:
Start it now. Now! Don't wait until the middle of the night.

I am reading. Yay, SK thread. Yay!

Toes!!
Steffee,
We seem to have now heard from whomever we are going to hear from, so in 30 minutes or less. I did want to give a full day for that over in your neck of the woods.
Now if I can just remember where the dials and levers are, :)
Peder

Hi Steffee,
Back again!
Sorry to be so late, but the lights are now up and the marquees are announcing a new show in town: The Real Life of Sebastian Knight.
Come check the luxurious blue plush decor. :)
Peder

Yay Peder!

I am making my way over to the new Nabokov lounge as we speak. I will bring a bottle of wine and whatever our Sebastian will be having, and drinks for the rest of you, of course.

And I'm so pleased about the blue. :cool:

steffee said:
Yay Peder!

I am making my way over to the new Nabokov lounge as we speak. I will bring a bottle of wine and whatever our Sebastian will be having, and drinks for the rest of you, of course.

And I'm so pleased about the blue. :cool:
Well, come help quick, Steffee!
Because that Pontalba's wearin' me out in a hurry. :D
Peder

Peder said:
Well, come help quick, Steffee!
Because that Pontlaba's wearin me out in a hurry. :D
Peder
:rolleyes: Hah! That'll be the day! :D

You are so far ahead, I'm simply scramblin' to keep you in sight!

Peder said:
Ms. Hi!
I hope you have heard by now that a group is forming up ready and eager to discuss The Real Life of Sebastian Knight that you recommended. I thought it was a great book and I really hope that you will be part of the discussion and will share your own enthusiasm about it!
Is a day or so from now OK to begin?
Please give a dingle,
Sincerely, :)
Peder

I have yet to re-read The Real Life of Sebastian Knight but shall do by monday morning and join in the discussion.

I have 30 or so pages to go in Ada but have to question the idea of Antiterra, did i miss blantant references that would lead it to being earth?

Is it just my arrogance that presumes earth?

Back