• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

vote Boris

kskyhappy

just reading the paper, boris has been elevated by the tories to shadow arts minister. he has proposed a six point plan, a "poetry olympiad", new radio frequencies to allow greater air time for the rolling stones in oxfordshire and my favourite...outlawing american spell checkers. he also said we should settle the long running dispute with the greek government by presenting athens with a perfect replica of the Elgin marbles.

Boris for prime minister - what ho.

kskyhappy

kskyhappy said:
he also said we should settle the long running dispute with the greek government by presenting athens with a perfect replica of the Elgin marbles.
You know, for years, I thought they actually were marbles. I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. I just figured that there was some bloke called Elgin who was famous for doing something or other and had died, and when they were going through his estate they'd found this bag of marbles and put them in a display case.

I will admit to having similar thoughts with regards to Cleopatra's needle, though growing up in London I was enlightened on that subject a great deal earlier. Much bigger than I'd expected, though probably not much use for buttons.

Boris Johnson??

Bloke with the uncontrollable hair??

He's great!! Really funny on Have I Got News For You anyway (not that i watch it of course, its for grown-ups you see :))

Phil

Back