• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Warp 9, Engage!

StillILearn said:
A pulse? As in?

(Dear God, now I can only speak in four word phrases....)

A pulse as in "if he is complaining, that just means that he is alive".

??

leckert said:
They do have the self checkout at WalMart, now.

Just so I would get the total Walmart experience, I misrung two items, and turned on the flashing light. Then I counted my change wrong, and left the bag sitting in the little merry-go-round. I got pissed at myself, snatched up the bag and went directly to customer service. I told the Assistant Store Manager that the cashier on aisle 12 was a jerk, and an idiot.

I left him standing there scratching his hairless head and wondering if I knew that aisle 12 was a self-serve aisle.

:D

I actually had this happen to me at the Wal-Mart in Moorhead City NC. I was in a HUGE rush to catch a ferry and had forgotten to pack sleeping bags. So, in a rare act of desperation I went to Wal-Mart (normally I won't touch the place). It had quadrupled in size since I was there on vacation 15 years ago, and had hundreds of people in it. I was so excited to see that they had self checkout...until it took me 20 minutes to get out of there (because of my own stupidity). I couldn't figure out how to put two camp pads and two sleeping bags on the little merry go round, so I didn't put anything on it. This caused the shoplifting alert to go off. The sales clerk had to help me twice. She said I was the poster-child for traditional registers.

mehastings said:
I actually had this happen to me at the Wal-Mart in Moorhead City NC. I was in a HUGE rush to catch a ferry and had forgotten to pack sleeping bags. So, in a rare act of desperation I went to Wal-Mart (normally I won't touch the place). It had quadrupled in size since I was there on vacation 15 years ago, and had hundreds of people in it. I was so excited to see that they had self checkout...until it took me 20 minutes to get out of there (because of my own stupidity). I couldn't figure out how to put two camp pads and two sleeping bags on the little merry go round, so I didn't put anything on it. This caused the shoplifting alert to go off. The sales clerk had to help me twice. She said I was the poster-child for traditional registers.

LMNO! Too funny! You should definitely have complained to the management about your cashier! HA!

My post must have been traveling at superluminous speed! It beat yours to the forum, and created a rift in the space/time continuem!

(I told you it was possible! :D )

Stewart said:
No, I was referring to this thread. :rolleyes:

sorry, no more mind reading for me.

but wait...you said oh no not this thread again, yesterday at 10:02 pm, and started your new thread today at 8:14 am. so did you travel into the future or the past?

"Not_SirMyk" must have posted in his parallel universe and created a dimensional rift.

(where's that dead horse? Oh, there it is. WHACK! WHACK! THWUMP!)

stupid horse.

That wasn't a horse; that was my wife...

And for the record, not_sirmyk is officially banned, which is why I changed over to the darker dragon image... :mad:

Back