• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

waving "hi" from Tucson

thebookcrosser

Just discovered this site. Looks intriguing. Haven't taken the time yet to have a good look around, but I will. Since it's 103 here - will be 109 by the weekend (about 42.7 C for those out of the U.S.), I'll be spending more time indoors, with the A/C running, which translates into more time at my computer.
Looking forward to becoming familiar with this site and getting to know everyone here.
Currently reading Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle"

I understand that the Cards had a solid off season. Nevertheless, welcome to BAR.

helmetongrass.jpg

Pat Tillman is a national hero!!

TILLMAN.JPG

Hi. Welcome. There are a few members here who are also members over at bookcrossing (I'm a member there too). I hope you enjoy it here!

Thanks to everyone who popped in to say "hi"

Still feeling my way around. It's 109 here today and the cable service has been up and down (don't know why, but heat seems to affect it). Taking advantage of an "up" moment to come back to the site.

You wouldn't recognize the city if your last trip here was the 70s. From west to east the city stretches about 40 miles. There are houses where only coyotes roamed. It's sad really. I miss the old Tucson.

You wouldn't recognize the city if your last trip here was the 70s. From west to east the city stretches about 40 miles. There are houses where only coyotes roamed. It's sad really. I miss the old Tucson.

I don't doubt the city has changed a lot...but it seemed huge back in 1977.

I don't doubt the city has changed a lot...but it seemed huge back in 1977.

Ahhhhh, but that is where the beloved Tuscon Toros use to play minor league baseball, and a mean game at that. I hate it when minor league teams go under, that's where the heart of baseball is at IMHO.:(

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_en_d_de_TucsonTorosLogo.PNG

:(

The Toros gave way to the Sidewinders, and now Tucson has lost them too. They were bought and will be moving. This will be their last year here. I am not much of a baseball fan, but I know several Tucsonans who live to watch spring training. The team will be missed.

The weather here is marvellous right now - crisp, cool, sunny, dry. Love it. HATE the summers. Hate them with a passion. Besides the heat, I had to keep an eye out for rattlesnakes very stinking time I walked the dog in the park last summer. This time of year they just don't come out.

Back