• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Welcome to Andy from Social Knowledge LLC

Hi and Welcome Janet! You already answered my 'standard' question, so I'll move on..What intrument(s) do you play? I have a houseful of musicians, but don't play or sing myself. In fact, they usually beg me NOT to sing..I don't understand why...

I play guitar for cash and piano, dulcimer and bass for fun. I also sing and write most of our material. What constitutes good singing is one of those highly subjective issues. My grandmother was a professional opera singer - she would be horrified to hear me, so I can sympathize with your situation. Everyone's a critic... sigh.

I play guitar for cash and piano, dulcimer and bass for fun. I also sing and write most of our material. What constitutes good singing is one of those highly subjective issues. My grandmother was a professional opera singer - she would be horrified to hear me, so I can sympathize with your situation. Everyone's a critic... sigh.

Unfortunately in my case, the critics are right..I have a profound hearing loss in one ear, and the other ear is not so hot, so that doesn't help my singing at all.

Welcome to Andy and Janet, interesting happenings around here.
Change is a good thing. :)

Haven't been around in a while. Like the new/old look.

Hello & welcome Janet :)
I was a Washington state girl myself until recently, I lived in Vancouver & Olympia. My step father and many of his friends were muscians and we saw many local bands of many types play, he also worked at Portland Music Co. for awhile. I wonder if we know anyone in common? It seems to be a very small world, but of all the places I've lived I always miss home.

Back