• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Western writers

I am a total sucker for Westerns, so far mostly in movies, but I'll be going through this thread meticulously to see which books might be had in Sweden (I do not have high hopes :eek: )... Meanwhile, here's my input:

The Dark Tower-series by Stephen King - not for fundamentalists, but Roland of Gilead is The Gunslinger.
Marshall Grover's Larry & Stretch books (in Sweden, Bill & Ben - it is not exactly good Literature, but it's my guilty pleasure.)
Part of City by Alessandro Baricco is a Western...
Zorro by Isabel Allende (!) is a kind of Western with sword-fighting thrown in; recommended.
I have bought but not yet read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx, I'm looking forward to it.

*mrkgnao*

The Dark Tower-series by Stephen King - not for fundamentalists, but Roland of Gilead is The Gunslinger.

What a coincidence!.:eek: I'm currently reading The Wolves of Calla right now I'm immensely enjoying it. I'll probably start a thread about it as there are a few things that have me somewhat puzzled. I've read the first 150 pages, not so much an accomplishment when it's 930 some odd pages long.

I have bought but not yet read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx, I'm looking forward to it.

I've seen the movie and have yet to read the book, but if the movie was fiathful to how it was written, then it should be outstanding. Proulx is quite the fire-brand, I love her comments about Crash beating out Brokeback for some major awards.:)

I thought I would resurrect this thread by recommending Elmer Kelton. Shadow of a Star and Bowie's Mine are both very good. I currently have The Texas Rifles and Ranger's Trail in my reading pile, so I’ll should know more soon.

Back