• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What About Rankings?

We have rankings on another forum i'm a member of and they work fairly well there, but it's only a small forum (just over 100 members) and we know most people personally (or have met at some point or other).

I don't think it would work on a forum such as this, which seems to function very well as it is (I also really don't care about rankings :rolleyes: )

this just doesn't seem like that type of forum.
if the traffic relied more heavily on spam, then i could see it, but...this seems to be more of an informal literature discussion place than a spam bar.

i agree that ranking its not needed in this forum, i guess its ok when you are starting a site to promote posting, but i dont think that its the case here.

on the other hand if regulars could get custom ranking names, proposed and voted by other users, that would be a fun exercise :D

Litany said:
Are you suggesting we are? :mad:

Well, some of us manage not to run around brandishing sporks at anyone who expresses an opinion other than 'Hobnobs are the best biscuit.'

Well that's the rankings problem solved then. You can all be 'Nice' and I shall be 'The Evil Monkey of Doom'.

I declare today a holiday. Let us rejoice and eat biscuits.

hi, dear, what's kind biscuit you give me?! :p feel like giving you a hug. always good to have a harsh spork, my opinion. ;)

just wondered why people like this ranking thing, being given a label, whatever it is. don't we have enough ranks in real life? i would not mind to have member title, FOR FUN!

goodday! :)

Evil Bearded Minion. You're pretty hairy, but you're mostly evil. I think your title should reflect that.

Back