• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What actors do you think are any good?

watercrystal said:
Actors I thought are of some good are Al Pacino, and the one who played in Leon.
That would be either Luc Besson or Gary Oldman. Both were terrific in Leon.

mr_michel said:
how about steve buschemi and john cusak, and i think willen dafoe it a very complete actor

Buscemi is a good character actor, but he's got limitations.

Cusack picks good scripts and tries hard, but like Matthew Broderick, he's got this fresh-faced kid thing happening that he just can't get past, even though he's pretty talented.

Dafoe, well, I think he's a poor man's Malkovich. Plus, he always plays the same character, Weird Desperado.

But these are interesting names.

I love Ed Harris and Scott Glenn, but I don't think they're great actors. I just like their voices and the way they are, but neither strays far from type.

Someone should take benaffleck and Ed Burns and tie them up in a bag like two cats. Those little high-pitched voices yowling in a thrashing sack. That would be a good movie, blessedly short. Dicaprio can go next, against the winner. That's one dude who's going to age badly, so why not go out in style.

Here is my top ten actors. ^^

10. Leonardo DiCaprio
09. Scott Cohen
08. Angelina Jolie
07. Sean Connery
06. Morgan Freeman
05. Viggo Mortenson
04. Kenneth Branagh
03. Helena Bonham Carter
02. Brad Pitt
01. Johnny Depp

Brad Pitt was great in Seven and 12 monkeys and Kevin Spacey was great in The Usual Suspects.

Quote "The best thing the devil ever did was convince the world he didn't exist".

Helena Bonham Carter was born of a strange union between an English artistocrat and a tufted titmouse.

Tufted%20Titmouse.jpg
Her father

Ell said:
That would be either Luc Besson or Gary Oldman. Both were terrific in Leon.

Sorry Ell, but Luc Besson was the director! The actors would be Gary Oldman, like you said, or Jean Reno, who played Leon. It is one of my favourite films. :)

Halo said:
Sorry Ell, but Luc Besson was the director! The actors would be Gary Oldman, like you said, or Jean Reno, who played Leon. It is one of my favourite films. :)
Course you're right. Sorry, brain cramp there. :eek:

Halo beat me to it - Jean Reno. Can't really say whether or not he's a good actor, because the only really good thing he's done (that i know of) is Leon, which is an incredibly good film. And I do mean Leon, and not The professional - there is a difference.

Cheers

what would be the difference?

i just saw that movie (like for the tenth time)
i agree both reno and oldman are great in this one, but also nataly portman is incredible, it must be her best work ever

Agreed - Reno, Oldman and Portman do an excellent job. One of my favourite films.

The difference? The Professional is a heavily edited version of Leon intended for US audiences. In short, it was dumbed down (they outrageously underestimated the cinema-going public).

Cheers

i dont know, i first saw it when it was released in mexico (the profesional, teh american version), and then here in spain i bought the movie (which should be leon, the european version, right?), but i didnt see anything remarkablely different :confused:
i mean unless that they distribuited in spain the american version but i highly doubt so.

mr_michel said:
i dont know, i first saw it when it was released in mexico (the profesional, teh american version), and then here in spain i bought the movie (which should be leon, the european version, right?), but i didnt see anything remarkablely different :confused:
i mean unless that they distribuited in spain the american version but i highly doubt so.

Don't know what they showed in Mexico, but the European version has about half an hour more than the American version, and it makes it a completely different movie.

I am incredibly impressed with Natalie Portman. I think she'll be an oscar shoo-in in a few years if she continues to pick her roles well.

I also like Emma Thompson, Johnny Depp, Colin Firth.

Ashlea said:
I also like Emma Thompson, ...

Emma Thompson has something special in her. I liked her performance in the Winter Guest, well, to be honest, I liked the winter scenery in scotland and the accent more than her acting.

The Remains of the day, is ok.

what is your favorite movies of hers?

Back