• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What actors do you think are any good?

Well i havent seen Last temptation of christ yet so i cant comment on his performance. But do you think the movie would have been better if everyone spoke arameic?

nah, it would've made it awkward, being a scorsese film and all. besides, I thought the passion of the christ was irritating as hell. you should check last temptation out sometime though, it's got some of the best cinematography you'll ever see. classic scorsese.

I have been meaning to see it but somehow i have never got around to actually doing it.

I havent seen passion of the christ either, but i dont think i want to see it.

As I'm typing here, I just realized that I really like Clive Owen. I first saw him in the BMW short films (which if you haven't seen, goto BMWFilms, and download them free. You'd be surprised at who were roped in to direct him), then Bourne Identity and now in Closer, and will soon be in Sin City.

Doesn't do too much range that I can see, but cool as hell. :)

My other actor would be Depp.

As for ladies, Glenn Close, who is pure class (and who has such an excellent, excellent singing voice), Natalie Portman (my queen!).

ds

She was great in Leon, but after that she delivered nothing but mediocre fluff.

And yes, she was devestated when I told her, recently. Started blubbering and begging - wasn't pretty.

Cheers

Who loves Steven Mackintosh? I love him. Do I mean love? No, I mean I respect his marvelous work, of course. He's brill.

po.65617.jpg

He was one of the actors in Lock, Stock if i'm not mistaken.

I rather liked Nick Moran in that film ;)

Well my list would have to include:

Gary Oldman
Steve Buscemi
Kevin Spacey
Jean Reno (in Leon)
Johnny Depp (in Pirates of the Carribean)

I was never a fan of Depp but thought he really brought the character to life in Pirates :)

She had to look him up you know, although she would have you think she's some kind of film genius .... that would be me :D

Hmmm, favorite actors hey?

John Cusack, easily my favorite actor; very versatile, does great comedy, good drama and even the odd action hero gumph.

Phil

Martin said:
I'm gonna have to admit that I don't even know him.

Cheers

Mackintosh was in Our Mutual Friend (Dickens story), Prime Suspect with Helen Mirren, another brill actor, Lock Stock, and a bunch of other recent things. I think he has two movies coming out. He's very charismatic on screen.

I would say:

Edward Norton
Robert De Niro
Al Pacino
Charlize Theron (in Monster, at least)
Diane Lane

That's all I can think of at the moment. :rolleyes:

direstraits said:
Oh, Diane Lane is very very pretty in Unfaithful. Very pretty.

ds

i was never a huge fan of hers until unfaithful. that scene on the train alone should have gotten her an oscar.
and yes she is very very very pretty.
i didn't like her in murder at 1600(ooh i think that is the address to the white house) i couldn't get past her running.

i just watched i heart huckabees(or is it love?) anyway, i really enjoyed it. jason schwartzman was so great and looked like tom cruise in magnolia( a little bit for all you out there going what the hell...?) i think i will definitly need to watch again to fully comprehend, but i also thought lilly tomlin was so great. wierd cameo by shania, hope she is not thinking of branching out. anyway while jude law was in it and i still LOVE him, i must say i was really taken with jason and his performance.

jenngorham said:
i was never a huge fan of hers until unfaithful. that scene on the train alone should have gotten her an oscar.

I agree. I think she's been forgetable in most of her other roles, but she was fantastic in Unfaithful.

Back