• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What are you listening to Right now?

Carlos said:
Hahahahahahahaha
They get their own government??? and now they want their on radio station!
J/K

Hee hee, the principle is laid out very well in the children's book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie...

The program I'm listening to is Travelling Folk..

abecedarian said:
The Wraggle Taggle Gypsies-Nickle Creek
oh, now I'm hearing Dark as A Dungeon-Vince Gill and The Chieftains
abecedarian, try the Nickel Creek CD titled "Little Cowpoke". I love it and am about to put it on while I do my morning treadmill workout. I also will have the George Jones "Gospel Collection" CD to follow the Nickel Creek. The George Jones is now one of my favorites.

I've recently listened to Carbon Glacier by Laura Viers. Recommended album for a cold take on country.

muggle said:
abecedarian, try the Nickel Creek CD titled "Little Cowpoke". I love it and am about to put it on while I do my morning treadmill workout. I also will have the George Jones "Gospel Collection" CD to follow the Nickel Creek. The George Jones is now one of my favorites.

My kids LOVE Nickel Creek-even the ones who claim to a hate country and bluegrass! They love Celtic music, so go figure:rolleyes: My 14 year old son is learning fiddle and mandolin, and asjed for one of their music books for Christmas. I wasn't aware George Jones had a gospel cd. I will definately look for both suggestions.

abecedarian said:
My kids LOVE Nickel Creek-even the ones who claim to a hate country and bluegrass! They love Celtic music, so go figure:rolleyes: My 14 year old son is learning fiddle and mandolin, and asjed for one of their music books for Christmas. I wasn't aware George Jones had a gospel cd. I will definately look for both suggestions.
Hint, I found both the George Jones 2 CD set "The Gospel Collection" and the Nickel Creek CD "Little Cowpoke" at the library and checked them both out. Now I listen to them a couple times a week. :)
Listen to a few clips of both CD's on Amazon.

muggle said:
Hint, I found both the George Jones 2 CD set "The Gospel Collection" and the Nickel Creek CD "Little Cowpoke" at the library and checked them both out. Now I listen to them a couple times a week. :)
Listen to a few clips of both CD's on Amazon.

;) That was my game plan..frugal minds think alike..spooky!

Quiz:
nickel creek had a song on one of their CD's that was named after a famous character in one of the popular fantasy books. Name the song.

P.S., I tried playing the fiddle but had no talent. I also played a little bit on the Mountain Dulcimer but gave it up for the same reason although I had fun playing the dulcimer with a group of women that were much more talented than me. :) Some of my favorite songs that I played on both fiddle and mtn dulcimer were....Amazing Grace, Down In The Valley, Faded Love (great fiddle tune), You are My Sunshine, and maybe a dozen more. since I cannot "read" music I was not as quick learning as some. :)

muggle said:
Quiz:
nickel creek had a song on one of their CD's that was named after a famous character in one of the popular fantasy books. Name the song.

P.S., I tried playing the fiddle but had no talent. I also played a little bit on the Mountain Dulcimer but gave it up for the same reason although I had fun playing the dulcimer with a group of women that were much more talented than me. :) Some of my favorite songs that I played on both fiddle and mtn dulcimer were....Amazing Grace, Down In The Valley, Faded Love (great fiddle tune), You are My Sunshine, and maybe a dozen more. since I cannot "read" music I was not as quick learning as some. :)

I'm guessing Tam Lin would be the fantasy book character..I don't know since I've never been allowed access to the cd liner notes on the two cds we have..

The mountain dulcimer is a wonderful instrument. My dh gave me one the Christmas before we were married. I never have played it, but he gets it out now and then. He and several of the kids want to get a hammered dulcimer. We all love Rich Mullins' music, and have been inspired by that.
I still prefer Amazing Grace on the bagpipes, but have to agree that Faded Love is a gorgeous fiddle tune. I want my son to learn Seminole Wind too..

I agree, Amazing Grace is a great song on the bagpipes. However, the best version of Amazing Grace that I have heard is by Nana Mouskouri. It will knock-your-socks-off. :) BTW, if you can get a CD of Nana Mouskouri at the library, please do, and give her a try. My favorite CD of her's is The Magic Of Nana Mouskouri. She has recorded in 8 different languages, talk about talent. :)

Answer:
On the "Nickel Creek" CD recorded by Nickel Creek there is a song they wrote titled.......In The House Of Tom Bombadil.

And, if you don't know who Tom Bombadil is you will just have to read the first volume of LOTR. :)

muggle said:
Answer:
On the "Nickel Creek" CD recorded by Nickel Creek there is a song they wrote titled.......In The House Of Tom Bombadil.

And, if you don't know who Tom Bombadil is you will just have to read the first volume of LOTR. :)

:rolleyes: Some how I KNEW you'd manage to steer the conversation back to that book! I do plan to get to it since I enjoyed the movies.

Dh and I were at Wally World last night and as we drew closer to the music department, we heard Amazing Grace on the bagpipes! I hadn't heard it in awhile, so it was great.

Oh, for the sake of the thread, I'm hearing Elvis Presley's Hound Dog...

Back