• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What book is this .... ? Guess the work from the words!

LOL um ... One of the Outlander books .... I confess I had to go look up the publication dates in the books because I had no idea of when they were published.

2001 - The Fiery Cross.

Hang on, something isn't right. This book was out way before 2001. The book was published in 1992. Barnes and Noble lied to me

:rofl ...... it IS an Outlander book - lets at least get that straight LOL ... so no the first one ...

Dragonfly in Amber?

LOL --- YAY!!

Ok next quote:

In the beginning, after all, were the words, and they came with a tune. That was how the world was made, how the void was divided, how the lands and the stars and the dreams and the little gods and the animals, how all of them came into the world.

They were sung.

The great beasts were sung into existence, after the Singer had done with the planets and the hills and the trees and the oceans and the lesser beasts. The cliffs that bound existence were sung, and the hunting grounds, and the dark.

Songs remain. They last. The right song can turn an emperor into a laughingstock, can bring down dynasties. A song can last long after the events and the people in it are dust and dreams and gone. That’s the power of songs.

There are other things you can do with songs. They do not only make worlds or recreate existence.

Genres: Fiction, Fantasy, Speculative fiction

It isn't part of a series and is a stand alone novel but it is set in the same universe as a previous book by the same author. It is regarded a sequel but technically it isn't.

:) cool! Here is the next quote :

"The artist's colorful rendering depicted a knight on horseback engaged in battle with a fire-breathing dragon, a beautiful and rather thinly clad damsel shrinking from the conflict before a tower wall, and a dark robed wizard lifting his hands as if to cast an awesome and life-stealing spell."

Good grief I actually think I haven't read this!

Q1 - Male or Female author?

Q2 - Genre?

Q3 - date of publication?

Back