• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What character in a book reminds you of yourself?

novella

Is there a character who you see yourself in in some way(s)? Either biographically or emotionally or physically?

Or even that you have imagined you are like?

For instance, when I first read King Lear a long time ago, I saw myself as a Cordelia type, the loyal, tragic daughter. But I'm probably more of a Julius Caesar-type Portia, swallowing hot coals for no good reason. :rolleyes:

These are far-fatched, quick examples. I'm sure I'll come up with something more on point.

I've always identified with Elizabeth Bennett - smart, witty, observant, but not always quite as smart as she thinks she is. Jane Eyre a bit as well - doesn't fit in, but a sharp observer. For Shakespeare, I think I'd be Beatrice.

But most books have some aspect of the character that I can identify with, or generally, it's not a fun read. The exception is perhaps The Scar, I hated Bellis, wanted to slap her frequently, but loved the world she inhabited and kept waiting for her to be fascinated with it.

Ashlea said:
But most books have some aspect of the character that I can identify with.
yeah that is my opinion as well!! currently i'm Alexandra Brennan out of Englash as a second language by Megan crane!! :D

Oooh. Great question! At the risk of sounding cliche, I definitely see a lot of myself in Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, a hard worker, and a little bit of a geek. :rolleyes:

My friends tell me I'm a bit like Hobbes out of Calvin and Hobbes, does that count???

i like to think i'm like Claire from the Outlander series. she doesn't mind getting her hands dirty, she's quick thinking and usually level-headed, and she's passionately in love with her man (sorry about the cheeze). i wish i were as devoted as she is to helping others, but i do what i can

SillyWabbit said:
Hmmmmmm not sure that there is anybody quite like me :p :D

I shall have a think! :)

You make me think of Tigger. Or Zebedee. Always bouncing around! Or maybe that's just your avatar influencing me! :)

I'm like Susanna out of Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen.

Most of the time reality just gets "too dense" for me.

sweetsymphony said:
I haven't even been here very long, and I know that! :D

HAHA :D ;)

Halo said:
You make me think of Tigger. Or Zebedee. Always bouncing around! Or maybe that's just your avatar influencing me!

lol I think it's the avatar!!!! Actually, I am thinking of changing that! :) Maybe it's time for something new....

It's hard to focus on reading the posts if there's a blue rabbit jumping up and down in the corner. I sometimes loose minutes just staring at the damn thing.

And it does remind me of Tigger. Tigger is so sweet, but when he's jumping up and down for ages, I'd smack him!

SillyWabbit said:
HAHA :D ;)
lol I think it's the avatar!!!! Actually, I am thinking of changing that! :) Maybe it's time for something new....
dare you, thats the first thing i see and i know exectly who that posted!!

and i really can't think of anybody who is like you!! :confused:

Back