• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What character in a book reminds you of yourself?

I see myself maybe a little too much in Anais Nin's semi-fictional persona, but I probably shouldn't go there.

Mari said:
I see myself maybe a little too much in Anais Nin's semi-fictional persona, but I probably shouldn't go there.

What do you believe was the best thing about Anais Nin, mari? I haven't read any of her writings, but I did find this:

There is not one big cosmic meaning for all,
there is only the meaning we each give to our life,
an individual meaning, an individual plot,
like an individual novel, a book for each person.

I've just stumbled across this great thread and couldn't resist to post my own reply.

I also have a lot of Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. Another character I related with was Beatrix Potter from Miss Potter, although I'm not sure I would have the strength to carry on as she did...

I agree that we can usually find a little bit of ourselves in the characters of the books we read.

Good thread landslide,hail to the burried pearls lying in wait in the book discusson !

A pennyless great Gatsby.Me in all modesty.:D

So far, the closest match is still The Old Woman in the Shoe...Say, has anyone here seen my paddle. Those kids hide it all the time, you know:lol:

Back