• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What character in a book reminds you of yourself?

thisthready2.jpg

IMHO......l4m3rz

Becky Bloomwood from Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic books - not quite as bad, but the loving to shop and urges to spend money kinda sum me up a little! Although I cant say I have quite fallen for a high-flying exectuive like Luke! (Here's dreaming...)

funes said:
When I was younger and feeling more melodramatic, I often thought of myself in terms of Axel Heyst (from Conrad's Victory).

Funny, I thought I was like Alma in the same book

bookclubnazi said:
prince is in toronto. if you have 6 million dollars to spend on a house, you can buy one next door to him. it's only six million dollars canadian, so it's not much. ;)

I'd like to live in a house that was stuck right in between Prince's and Margaret Atwood's.

Well, maybe. (Let me think about this...)

Yes!

Although I don't believe either one of them would actually attend any block parties I threw.

:rolleyes:

Juliet because sometimes I feel like miscommunication will be the death of me.
Meridon the main character of Philippa Gregory's last book in the Wideacre series- not knowing exactly where you belong and feeling like you may never amount to anything.

I think that the answer to this question always changes depending on the book that I read last.

At the moment, I feel a bit like Mary Boleyn from The Other Boleyn Girl ; a bit of a romantic, independant, and not one to stick with traditional methods/ideas.

~MonkeyCatcher~

Ashlea said:
I've always identified with Elizabeth Bennett - smart, witty, observant, but not always quite as smart as she thinks she is .

Im probably more like Mrs Bennet :(

My mother always used to call me Scarlett O'Hara because I was always going to do something or think about something tomorrow ( and for my ability to run up a seductive gown out of the sitting room curtains ).

Love4OneAnother said:
Prince is awesome. :cool:

I'll prolly put my Prince sig back up in a few days, when I get bored of this one. xD

Oh and PS, sign me up for the Prince Appreciation Society too, he is The Man.

Many characters remind me of myself in some ways but most notably I would say Gatsby and The Underground Man, as well as a detective from a John Grisham novel whose name I cannot remember.

Sometimes I remind myself of Emma from Jane Austen..then other times I feel I'm more like Humbert Humbert from Lolita (WITHOUT the perversity..just his general inadequecy and attitude lol)

I would have to say the "Threads: The Reincarnation of Anne Boleyn" version of Anne Boleyn. She's basically got good intentions, but is judged by the things that happen to her more than the things she actually does.

The one line in the book that summed her up: "Each time tragedy struck, I was called aside and whipped."

(I'm throwing a pity party for myself this week. Can you tell? But I'm pulling out of it. Next week, just wait. I'll be Scarlet O'Hara. As God is my witness.)

I think im kinda like Tasselhoff Burfot from Dragonlance- I wear a pouch, i always pick things up and i collect maps (im not a kleptomaniac though :D)

Jack Duluoz from On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

we each possess an unquenchable thirst for life. we are fascinated by people and the crazy american night. :D

hm i always related to the books i read when i was younger.. altho i've noticed that i stopped lately since i suppose my own personality is forming and i'm leaving that "distressed over teenage drama" phase.

i've related to astrid from white oleander a lot though.. also susana from girl, interrupted.. and definatly ester from The Bell Jar.

When I was younger I always thought of myself as a bit like Matilda from Roald Dahl's book. A real bookworm! Except I didn't really have many friends (at least not in elementary school) and none as cool as Lavender.

Now I think of myself as a bit more grounded version of Stephanie Plum.

"Good job, Destructo."

:p

Back