• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What did you read in December?

Well I am reading through the Chronicles of Narnia... I have the first two books read and I am on to the next...

I am enjoying them very much.... but I also have plans to read sooner or later Darkness that comes before and when the Blood King: Chronicles of a Necromancer comes out...

Very good book the first of the series in the Chronicles of a Necromancer By Gail Z Martian... it is called the Summoner and it is very very good...

Then after that the plan is to read.... The Diary of Anne Frank

“The Alienist”, by Machado and now I’m reading “Of human bondage”, by W. S. Maugham.

The problem is that I don't have as much time as I wanted to so I can’t finish the reading. I’m starting the second volume today. All I wanted was a 3-day free time so I could finish it. I’m loving this book. It’s amazing. It’s about themes that you won’t find easily in other readings. It’s a rarity, not because it’s hard to find in stores - actually you can easily find it in almost any bookstore - but I say “hard to find” because I myself don’t know other authors who produced other books that deals with such themes and that are as pleasant as Maugham's works. This is the second book by him I’m reading. I’ve previously read “The razors edge” about one year ago and I did also like it very much. But with this “Of human bondage” this author really caught my interest. He’s great and one of the responsible ones for my great interest in British literature.

Not much:

Finished After You'd Gone by Maggie O'Farrell, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, and Blaze by Richard Bachman.

I'm about to start The Drowned World by JG Ballard.

It's been a light month due to exams at school, but I just finished The Double by Dostoevsky. I'm almost finished with Darwin's Dangerous Idea by, Daniel C. Dennet (which is already one of my favorite books even though I'm still not finished). Also for December, there was The Golden Compass by, Phillip Pullman and The Footprints of God by, Greg Isles.

It's been a light month due to exams at school, but I just finished The Double by Dostoevsky. I'm almost finished with Darwin's Dangerous Idea by, Daniel C. Dennet (which is already one of my favorite books even though I'm still not finished). Also for December, there was The Golden Compass by, Phillip Pullman and The Footprints of God by, Greg Isles.

What did you thin of the Golden Compass??? I have not had a chance to read it and it has been talked a lot about...

The Golden Compass did a great job combining a fantasy appeal mixed with a bit of science, be it pseudo or not. It was also easy to read it in big chunks because each chapter had a lot happening in it, Pullman is not one to draw things out. It isn't one of my favorite books, but it was more than worth my time reading it.

it took me sometime but i finally read Murakami's "Wind Up Bird Chronicle"!!

i ordered "Dance, Dance, Dance" to read next.

and then i' ll read Norwegian Wood, so i guess till the next year i' m hooked with murakami. :)

Due to final papers/exams, I didn't get to read all that much. I finished up Carol Shields' Larry Party and completed Clive Barker's Mister B. Gone, as well as Jeff Lindsay's Dearly Devoted Dexter and Nella Larsen's Quicksand. Right now I'm in the middle of Mina by Elaine Bergstrom (originally written under the name of Marie Kiraly).

The Amber Spyglass - Pullman, Philip 3/5
The Subtle Knife - Pullman, Philip 3/5
The Golden Compass - Pullman, Philip 3/5
Watership Down - Adams, Richard 4/5
Allt - Lowden, Martina 4/5
Den mindre halvan av världen - Lundberg, Lotta (Ed.) 3/5

Sips of Blood by Mary Ann Mitchell
Crazy Jack by Donna Jo Napoli
Spinners by Donna Jo Napoli and Richard Tchen
Gracie: A Love Story by George Burns
The Blonde Geisha: An Erotic Novel by Jina Bacarr
Zel by Donna Jo Napoli