• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What Did You Read in February?

Kitchen Confidential-Anthony Bourdain
half way of Anna Karenina-Leon Tolstoy (its size is big, so I find it hard to take it with me when I'm not at home, which is when I read the most)
In cold blood-Truman Capote (will be finishing it today)

I've been extremely lazy in reading though this month.

Scottishduffy said:
I have read:

The Widow of the South
Encyclopedia Idiotica
The Kite Runner
Sundown Towns

I will finish Fahrenheit 451 today.... does that get to count?

How was The Widow of the South and Encyclopedia of Idiotica? One is on my list to get to someday, and the other sounds interesting. I think I'll head over to amazon and investigate further..Sundown Towns is also on my never-ending candidates list..

Sofia said:
not a one:(
As someone mentioned, I forget who, it is not a competition. It is nice though to see what people have read and also read their comments on the books if given.

The Widow of the south was pretty good, it made for a quick read. The writong was very beautiful. Though at times it felt like a book where the author tries to make every moment sound poetic in some fashion. As if to say *Look at me! I can write!*.

It was a good book. I enjoyed it, and then released it with bookcrossing. Encyclopedia Idiotica was interesting. I love historical reads, and this one went along with that. It was a humorous read.

This school thing is putting a kink in my reading habits.
In February I read:
Why We Buy - Paco Underhill
Camel Club - David Baldacci
Sundiver - David Brin
Forty Signs of Rain - Kim Stanley Robinson
The Best American Non-Required Reading (2003) - ed. by David Eggers
A Million Little Pieces - James Frey
The Chosen - Chaim Potok

During February I read

Small Island - Andrea Levy

Vanishing Acts – Jodie Picoult

Blind Assassin – Margaret Atwood

Birdsong – Sebastian Faulks

Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro

The Bonesetters Daughter – Amy Tan

I really like this thread. I love to see what others are reading. Steffee,s information at the end of January was excellent.

Aww, thank you Balmy W. :D

Strange how everything in your list is what I either read recently or am wanting to read, what did you think of Vanishing Acts? I couldn't get into it, after reading The Pact, and loving it.

I felt Vanishing Acts was not as good as the Pact. These are the only two Jodie Picoult books I have read. I think the prison scenes all seem a bit similarly violent. I am not a great reader of crime but I liked the courtroom scenes in both books.

I read My Sister's Keeper, as well, and even thought many people have given it bad reviews, I thought the courtroom scenes in that were good too. You might like it. I preferred The Pact though.

Oh, that was helpful. Maybe I will read Vanishing Acts first and then The Pact. Thanks for the unintentional aid. :)

mine are

Hand of Fire > Ed Greenwood
The Empire of the Stars > Alison Baird
The Rage
and The Black Bouquet > Richard Lee Byers

I read:

1. Jessica by Bryce Courtenay
2. Going Postal by Terry Prachett
3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
4. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
5. Weight by Jeanette Winterson

I also finished The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon and am halfway through Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi.

Not as many as I would have liked this month, but with school having just started I have been extremely busy!

Arthur & George by Julian Barnes (it was the only book that I completed all month long), but I completed Brokeback Mountain at 12:30 am on March 1 (can I count that as well :confused: )

rnmichelle said:
I started: The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov - I know this is supposed to be great, but I'm finding it kind of tedious...struggling to stay interested.

I found it tedious as well, but the second part definately picked up, especially after the party of the dead.:p Excellent choice by the way;)

abecedarian said:
Who said there's a competition? This is supposed to be fun:)

I had a feeling someone would say that in response to my post. :D I wasn't saying I was "ashamed" in the sense of competing with other people, but more for myself - I like to finish about 2 books a week, but I just have had a hard time picking up a book and reading for a decent length of time. :)

angerball said:
I had a feeling someone would say that in response to my post. :D I wasn't saying I was "ashamed" in the sense of competing with other people, but more for myself - I like to finish about 2 books a week, but I just have had a hard time picking up a book and reading for a decent length of time. :)

me too. I wanted to read a lot in Feb, but something always seemed to be popping up.

Emabarresing; still read Gone By The Wind by Margareth Mitchell. Have been reading this book for 1,5 months now. I really enjoy it, but never find time to read it. Working 60 hours pr. week at the moment, so when Im home I sleep most of the time:(

kuroc said:
Prey by Michael Crichton:D
I LOVED that book! I've only read one other Crichton book (Jurassic Park) but he seems to be an amazing author. Someday I'll have time to read Timeline.

Unfortunately, all I read was for school...
The Ego and the Id (Freud)
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (Joyce)
Dubliners (Joyce)
Flags in the Dust (Faulkner)
The Sound and the Fury (Faulkner)
As I Lay Dying (Faulkner)
Selected Short Stories of William Faulkner
The Scandal of Ulysses (Arnold)
oooh! one non-schooler: Under the Jaguar Sun (Calvino)

Back