• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you do with a book you've read?

My shelves arent filled yet either, or shelf rather. I have a 4 ft by 12 ft book shelf that has one small section left. I hope to fill it by December this year

Generally I keep them, but I don't have any more shelf space and I'm now piling books in my closet floor. I hate to have to get rid of books because if i liked it at all, I'll probably eventually buy it back. If it's a book I didn't like, I'll trade it in at my favorite used book store.

Darren Lewis said:
I tend to keep mine on the shelves, but some of my friends give them away, donate them or sometimes sell them? I once knew someone who just through them away!!!

Do you ever re-read a book again?

I keep all my books and re-read them ... I sell them on Amazon if they are particularly crap though

I knew someone who burnt there old books on a bonfire prior to moving house :eek:, how dare they?!

Keep them. They're on shelves like trophies ( :p like Jerry Seinfeld says). I usually read them over again and/or I lend them to my boyfriend and mother to read as well.

I usually keep all the books I read (unless it's from the library) but if it's a book I don't mind parting with, I register it on Book Crossing and release it.

Depends. If I like the book I'll just stick it back on my shelf or lend it out to friends. If I hate the book I donate it to the library.

I keep every book I buy, love it or hate it, and take great care in there condition. The only time I will throw a book away is if gets blemished or scuffed (which is horrible because than I have to buy a new one). I don't loan anything out, in fact I hardly ever touch a novel again once I read it (I hate paperbacks, but if i want to read something I buy a paperback version)

Fantasybookspot.com

Ainulindale said:
I keep every book I buy, love it or hate it, and take great care in there condition. The only time I will throw a book away is if gets blemished or scuffed (which is horrible because than I have to buy a new one). I don't loan anything out, in fact I hardly ever touch a novel again once I read it (I hate paperbacks, but if i want to read something I buy a paperback version)
I don't really worry so much about the condition my books are in (I buy most of them used anyway), and I couldn't imagine throwing a book away because it wasn't in perfect condition. My books all look well-loved.

I don't really worry so much about the condition my books are in (I buy most of them used anyway), and I couldn't imagine throwing a book away because it wasn't in perfect condition. My books all look well-loved

Depends on how one views there novels I guess, for instance, last year I bought a first print of Frank Herbert's Dune which costs several thousand dollars. Maintaining such novels conditon seems at the very least wise IMHO.

Ainulindale said:
Depends on how one views there novels I guess, for instance, last year I bought a first print of Frank Herbert's Dune which costs several thousand dollars. Maintaining such novels conditon seems at the very least wise IMHO.
Oh, well, none of my books are worth that much as they're all used. But if I bought a first edition of something, I could see doing my best to keep it in perfect condition.

When I read a book, I usually give it back to the library.
My books are sleeping on the bookshelf and wainting for re-reading.

Normally I reread it to death, renew it as many times as possible, and then (reluctantly) return it to the library.

If it's mine, I hoard it...

i would not be able to throw a book away. you're so much better off donating it to a library.

i generally just keep them on my shelf in my closet. i've never given books away

SFG75 said:
Why would you do anything but keep it?

i like to give people books i like. but it's a struggle, as i like to keep the ones i read. i usually have to buy another copy to give away. i 'released' a book on bookcrossing which has just been found again, after many many weeks. i'll probably do it again.

I keep all my books!

But when i moved to this house i lost a lot of books and i am still upset over it!

I don't reread fiction so I hang onto French language books, non-fiction and reference. Everything else gets sold at a used bookstore, traded at Paperbackswap.com or Titletrader.com, given to friends or the library. I like to perpetuate my book supply by trading.

Back