• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you do.......

Stewart said:
We already have one here.

Thanks, but what I meant was, I'd literally just said this to Steffe in a pm and came back to TBF and Denny had started this thread..before I had time to do a search:)

abecedarian said:
Thanks, but what I meant was, I'd literally just said this to Steffe in a pm and came back to TBF and Denny had started this thread..before I had time to do a search:)

It's just Stewart's 'unique' sense of humour ABC :D

Well, as you can see by my signature at the bottom that I'm a Realtor. However, my college education was in Criminal Justice (Deviant Behavior and Inner City gangs.)
I'm actually on the final eligibility list for a local suburban police dept, but they are not hiring as of yet.:(

I also have 2 kids; 7 and 9 and they keep me busy too! :D

I go back and forth between mortgage and foreclosure processing, neither is really enjoyable, so when I inherited some money awhile back I took a little hiatus to decide what I wanted to do. I spend a lot of time teaching arts and crafts and working in the library at the grade school my son attends. I'm moving overseas soon so I'm hoping that will keep me out of the office for at least another few years :D

Right now I am a dishwasher working weekends (it's a small resturant and their busy time is on weekends) and volunteer in the library at a local elementary/middle school during the weekdays at the school my dad teaches at (I have been volunteering there since October 2001). I am a recent graduate of a Library and Information Technology program here in British Columbia and am looking for either casual, part-time or full-time work in a library somewhere locally, hopefully, although I have applied to two organizations out of province in the last 12 months. I am looking for something in the Lower Mainland.

abecedarian said:
We have an opinion line column in our daily paper. If those comments are remotely like the ones you get..you have the coolest job in the world! How do you keep from laughing at the goofy things people say? I'm amazed at the stoooopid stuff people will say, knowing it's being recorded for reprint:rolleyes:

It is difficult not to laugh but moving the microphone away from your mouth is the best way. :p Yesterday I had a guy ask me my name and precede to sing a song about me. That was quite strange in a very funny way.:D

Motokid said:
Originally Posted by Stewart
We already have one here.
And here too :D
A guide to online forum posting said:
This topic has been discussed here tons of times before. Try a search.
I want you to know how experienced and knowledgeable I am in this forum, you poor newbie. In case you didn’t notice, take a good look at the post count I have. Go me!
:rolleyes: :D

click away

I work as an accountant. Blech. Bad career choice. :rolleyes: I'd like to get into something science-oriented, but I can't go back to uni again. :rolleyes:

Back