• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What do you eat while you read?

Mari

I would like to say cookies and chocolate, but it's usually crackers or popcorn.

So, what do you eat while you read?

Nothing, I'm usually too busy reading to worry about food. Although I do bring a book into the diner with me on my way home from work. I read while I eat my eggs over easy with toast.

I don't eat much while I'm reading but I'm always drinking, in the mornings coffee, in the afternoon tea and in the evenings if i'm lucky a glass of Chianti.

I don't eat while I read. I only eat in front of TV or at the table... Which is weird, cause I like food.

I rarely eat whilst reading a book, considering I mostly read in bed. However if I read on the computer (e-books and such like) then anything goes - usually chocolate, crisps, icecream ...

Anything, but I usually read over lunch and dinner (along with numerous other times), as I'm either at work or at home eating long before my husband arrives home.

Nothing, really. I've been known to skip meals because I'm reading a very good book. I also love food, so if I am eating, I'm paying attention to that. I often have something to drink while reading, though, coffee, tea, water, beer, whatever.

Too much ;0) I DO try to avoid greasy, sloppy stuff, and cheese curls-they leave such a nasty permanent stain on book pages.

I eat anything available, most of the time it's pretzels, Cheez-Its, or popcorn. I'll read while I'm eating meals, too though I'm careful not to slop stuff on the books. Today I slopped pizza sauce on my shirt front, but it didn't land on the book.

:D Listen to us! We are all a bunch of serious Reader Rabbits if we'd rather slop food on our clothes, perhaps permanently, than mess up our books! Nice to see we have our priorities in good working order<LOL>

BTW-did you all know that good old Ivory Soap or Lava makes the best stain removers for nearly anything we might slop on our clothes?

I've certainly learned what foods you can or cannot prepare whilst reading. Cooking on the stove top is out. I end up with food all over the benches, etc. Eating a sandwich is out, spills stuff. I read whilst preparing veggies but I've cut myself more than once. I think I may have a problem.

Thanks, everybody. All interesting answers.

If I didn't eat while reading, I'd probably starve.

And since I read in bed a lot, eating in bed is a given too. I think I like eating in bed more than eating at a table.

Most of the books I read are very used copies from library book sales and so on--copies that can really just be thrown away. So I don't worry about spills.

Cheers,
Mari

Back