• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What have you read recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crystal

kickbox
Hi, what are you reading recently? Are there any new books you like to talk about?

:confused: I really did not know what books that people in UK are reading now, except the LOTR and Harry Potter.

Any ideas?;) Thanks.

I am now reading Mystic River. It is good, but it is also depressing. I have not seen the movie and probably won't because I do not like Sean Penn. I am not from England. I am a from Texas.

:rolleyes: I heard Monalisa smile (is it right?) was a good one. I think I will go to see it. Another book I was told is Dafinche's code (sorry, i am not sure the spellig).:eek:

Originally posted by booker
the little friend by donna tartt
fantastic book, top ten of mine deffo.

What was it that made it good? I have it in my 'to read' collection (i.e. the thing that expands but never shrinks).

it's got exceptional descriptive writing & a plot that gradually grabs you and makes you want to read on & on.
everytime i manage to read a chunk (20 pages or so at a time if i'm lucky being the proud owner of 2 young sons!) i invariably think to myself " that is wonderful"
i honestly can't recommend it highly enough. :)

Originally posted by Mile-O-Phile
Save yourself the time and don't bother...

JELL-O!

Well, I hope you are happy....

You know who was here? Dan brown! I had Dan Brown here and I can tell you he as really upset. He has been reading your posts and he turned to me for some comfort. In the end I had to put my arm about his shoulder and tell him it was OK... Have a good cry, let it all out I said. So has been here crying his little eyes out!. Bless him. It was very sad to see. Also, he got a fair amount of snot on my best hanky! SEE? Are you happy now??? ARE YOU? You made Dan Brown cry... FOR SHAME!!!!

Regards
Sillywabbit :)

watercrystal said:
Hi, what are you reading recently? Are there any new books you like to talk about?

:confused: I really did not know what books that people in UK are reading now, except the LOTR and Harry Potter.

Any ideas?;) Thanks.

I'm reading a series book with the name Mediator
This is the book I'm reading:

aimages_eu.amazon.com_images_P_0743430514.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I've just finished reading Seduced by Moonlight by Laurell K Hamilton... fab book... and jsut bought Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong

Hi, bobby,

May i ask where your avatar comes from? I am always wondering about it. Is it coming from some movie? :confused:

arthur rimbaud. he wrote poetry until was nineteen, then he disappeared in the uncharted regions of africa (abyssinia). when he was thirty eight he returned to france minus a leg, then died.

and that's his story.

ahh picture of..... fantastic book, lent heavily on the prologue for quotes in a essy on the nature of art!

still reading steppenwolf and a wild ride through the night!

ksky

Just finished Susan Wittig Albert's Thyme of Death, interesting cozy. China Bayles makes a better sleuth than some of the other cozy sleuths out there right now.

Olaf Stapledon - Last And First Men
Gene Wolfe - The Fifth Head Of Cerberus
M. John Harrison - The Centauri Device
Alfred Bester - The Demolished Man

to be read:

Jack Vance - Tales Of A Dying Earth
Philip K. Dick - A Scanner Darkly
E.R. Eddison - Mistress of Mistresses

just finished steppen wolf by herman hesse. not for the timid

just started Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk, must say it is brilliant, reminds me of douglas coupland and iain banks at their very best.

If Douglas coupland captured the zeitgeist in the '90's palahnuik has set it free again and monitored it's progress.

kskyhappy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back