• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What is your fave "children's" lit?

Mines are Enid Blyton for Famous Five, Adventures stories, Mallory Towers. Roald Dahl for Charles and the great Medicine (Can't stopped laughed!!). I enjoyed Nina Bawden's book as well.
I do still read Children's books both old classics and new.

I love the Lemony Snicket books, though I read them a little bit after the best age for those (I was about eleven when I started), and I will shamelessly go see the movie, and probably cry if it's bad :eek:

I also loved the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and the Louisa May Alcott books (not just Little Women but Little Men, The Inheritance, and Jo's Boys as well). Roald Dahl was a favorite, and the Chronicles of Narnia were good. I can't really remember reading a book I didn't like (aside from Charlotte's Web and other unchallenging school hogwash), but these stand out some. Oh yeah, and in the later years, Tamara Pierce, especially the Protector of the Small series and the Lioness Series...and there was one other series that fit in with those three...hmm, what was the name...

Back