• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What is Your Library Like? (Contains Images)

I can't find any pictures of my local library. It's not the greatest, but it suits me fine. There are 4 branches, of which I regularly visit 2. They also have regular book sales too, which can be quite handy as they can be very cheap (paperbacks go for 50p).

It was vandalised quite badly (rocks thrown through windows, graffiti on outside walls) a few months ago, by the local yobs with too much time on their hands. :rolleyes:

The council is currently proposing a a new library be built. That will probably take a number of years, but I do hope it will go ahead. There can never be enough libraries. :D

The only negative thing about the local branches is that the catalog system is woeful. I have searched for books, and found some that are declared on loan with a due date of 2002. :eek: I think some updating needs to be done. :D

Don't you wish there was a way for someone from the general public to join the Library Board or Council or their public Library? I know I have a few suggestions for my library.

My old university library:

awww.unk.edu_uploadedImages_academics_library_ref_tour_exterior.jpg

See the middle glass part? On the second floor inside is a couch that was my second home for four and a half years. It still has my "imprint" from reading and snoozing. Ahhhh, the memories.

Since I've moved, I better add a picture of our new library. York's Kilgore Memorial Library.

awww.librarytechnology.org_photos_libraries_1572.jpg

I found these when I searched google images:

The top portion of the building:

afarm1.static.flickr.com_167_473429613_d977dacaf7.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

Here's another view:

afarm1.static.flickr.com_201_473431039_8bafc19b13.jpg_a4f0a23c50a330cf1bf56cae6c33a893.jpg

the lobby:

La+Public+Library+Lobby2.JPG

It's been a long while since I visited the downtown L.A. County Library. I now visit my local library.

I thought I'd posted in this thread, but apparently not.

Stockholm Public Library:
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b339_beergood_26285.jpg

And yes, it's circular on the inside:
ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b339_beergood_439px_Stockholms_stadsbibliotek_530.jpg

I don't really use the library anymore, since I prefer buying my books, but here's a picture of the library at my university

img_esq_05.jpg

The inside

fcsh.jpg

The outside (it's just a floor of the building)

And the library from the university where I got my master's degree

biblioteca01.jpg

home3.JPG

The top floor of the building

And this is the library nearest from my work place (I still don't have a member's card but I plan to get it soon...)

awww.bibliotecasobral.com.pt_images_fundo_tbl.jpg

Whitby Public Library

Here is our public library in Whitby, Ontario.
I am there at least once a week.
Whitby-Public-Library-05.jpgWhitby-Public-Library-01.jpgWhitby-Public-Library-03.jpg

Back