• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What kind of reader are you?

What kind of reader are you?

• Moto.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm generally reading on the train, I like to read thirty pages on way to work and thirty pages on the way home again, and maybe a few more on my lunch break. At least then I know I'm getting through books at a fairly steady pace

It depends on how much other things I have to do or what sort of book I'm reading I guess. I read a lot in my holidays though. :)

Nah. I listen to the radio.

Me too. I have a low tolerance for audio books. Some are terrific..Bill Bryson and several children's authors come to mind.. but with my hearing loss and lifestyle, I can't focus on audios well enough to get too much enjoyment from them.

Me too. I have a low tolerance for audio books. Some are terrific..Bill Bryson and several children's authors come to mind.. but with my hearing loss and lifestyle, I can't focus on audios well enough to get too much enjoyment from them.
If I've read a book already, I like the idea of listening while driving or puttering, but I rarely do.
Trouble is, if I miss something, I inevitably mess up my place trying to backtrack to re-listen to what ever I've missed.

If I've read a book already, I like the idea of listening while driving or puttering, but I rarely do.
Trouble is, if I miss something, I inevitably mess up my place trying to backtrack to re-listen to what ever I've missed.

Yeah! And then there's the other little factor: Books sometimes(we hope) make us think...with a printed book, one can stop, mark the spot, and activlely think about whatever one just read... then go back and pick up the book again..that tape just keeps on rolling while I have my little think session...and I'll miss something!

Yeah! And then there's the other little factor: Books sometimes(we hope) make us think...with a printed book, one can stop, mark the spot, and activlely think about whatever one just read... then go back and pick up the book again..that tape just keeps on rolling while I have my little think session...and I'll miss something!
See? Technology is not always your friend. :p

It get some times to get use to.I have be listening to audio for the past 10 years,you get a rythm after a while.It's true that it's better for long drive.

I use to listen to the radio but advertisement,and the life of TV stars was getting at me.
Like most Craftman i spend 6 or 8 hour in my studio a day,audio books are a blessing,it's like having a personnal story-teller.
It's not on tape anymore,i get them on my PC,it's also easier to download(like Isabel kindle)
I can stop and back fairly well and talk to you folks at the same time§

It get some times to get use to.I have be listening to audio for the past 10 years,you get a rythm after a while.It's true that it's better for long drive.

I use to listen to the radio but advertisement,and the life of TV stars was getting at me.
Like most Craftman i spend 6 or 8 hour in my studio a day,audio books are a blessing,it's like having a personnal story-teller.

I know, my lifestyle issues involve kids who can't seem to grasp that I can't listen to the audio AND them ALL at the same time. We've listened to Hank The Cowdog and Redwall on a long trip..it only works if DAD is there to keep the peace. Another favorite was Cheaper By the Dozen. The woman doing the reading was spectacular.

I'm definatley a casual reader but i do love reading, but with gcse's and other hoobys there is not always time for reading, cant wait for the summer though :)

SaliotThomas,

That reminds me of the readers that used to sit above the cigar rollers in factories in Cuba and Florida.

I read at least a book a week, sometimes more. I never go to sleep without one.

I'm more than moderate, but not quite voracious as described. My reading speed is about 50 pages per hour, so it usually takes me 3 to 4 weekdays or 1 to 2 weekend days to read a book. I don't, however, have a book in my hand all the time. Eating, working and driving make it difficult.

I would say voracious, as I always have a book on the go. But it's usually time constraints that stop me from reading as much as I want. :rolleyes:

Back