• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What kind of reader are you?

What kind of reader are you?

• Moto.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Like a lot of you, I am voracious in intent, moderate in practice. Other interests and obligations seem to get in the way.

I try to read at my desk during lunch, but it rarely works out -- seems that cracking open a book is like an open invitation to co-workers, saying, "Hey, Ell's not busy! Come on over and TALK to her."

I fall between moderate and voracious, I believe. I average ten books a month and I have many other hobbies as well, so reading is not all-encompassing for me. However it is the central part of my universe,( second only to buying books) so I voted for voracious.

I wouldn't consider myself a voracious reader, but I certainly read more than 3 books a month. Last year I used to read up to 9 books a month, but I commuted 4 hours a day which gave me a lot of time to read. Now I may read up to 5, a little on the train and when I have days off.

I read all weekend if I can help it, and evenings during the week if I'm not too busy with the dog and housework and stuff. But I'd spend much more time reading if I could.

Can't do audio books on the commute. Tried it once, but my commute is too crazy and I need to concentrate on driving. If I have an audio book on, I'll tune it out while trying to merge across 4 lanes or whatever it is I need to do. Ah well.

I read every night before I go to sleep. It's kind of like my unwinding habit from a long day. Because every day is a long one in my book. *lol* I read at work if we're slow, and at home on the weekends normally also.

I read about one book per month which makes me a moderate reader - who would say!
I have much bigger appetite but have other priorities too. So, for now, I am quite happy with my reading tempo.

You know I like this poll, I read 1-3 books a month. I would stay up all night and read a book. Its funny because I never because I am partly deaf started reading until I got to college. That was the best thing that ever happen, I love reading.

I'm on my way from moderate to voracious. Last year, I read probably 4-5 books a month. So far this year, I'm reading at least seven a month. My goal for this year is to read 85 books or so, but I'm thinking of bumping it up to 100.

If I'm getting 7 books a month while in college (none of which are for school), just think how good I'll do when I'm free!

Oh man how habits change! I'm lucky to do 1-3 a month. I've become a lot busier with other things the last year and a half. I almost qualify for the moto category as I now have more of a life.:lol:

Back