• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What new TV shows are you watching?

I got my husband to watch the first couple episodes of Drive with me. I'm a big Firefly fan so I was curious. We missed this last one, but I was monderately intrigued. Enough that I'll keep watching it if they don't cancel it. Definitely some interesting characters.

I got my husband to watch the first couple episodes of Drive with me. I'm a big Firefly fan so I was curious. We missed this last one, but I was monderately intrigued. Enough that I'll keep watching it if they don't cancel it. Definitely some interesting characters.
...and we'll never get to know what happens to them. Fox gave it all of four episodes before they gave up. Drive cancelled.

My wife and have been watching Raines. I really like it. It has a kind of film noir feel to it, and Jeff Goldblum plays a quirky guy with mental issues well (not really a suprise there).

TV Shows

Hi,

Im watching Supernatural, Criminal Minds, Californication, Las Vegas & Heroes at the moment.

I absolutely love Supernatural, i love horror and those two boys are just totally HOT!!! It makes the show even better.
Criminal Minds is totally cool too, certainly wouldnt mind being a profiler. I also like watching Law & Order SVU (when its on).
Californication is WOW!!! You just have to see it to believe it. It's cool.
Las Vegas & Heroes are awesome to watch too. (Definately got some HOT! watching).

Regards
CARY

I'm watching House, now, with a fabulous Hugh Laurie. Excellent show, very intelligent and witty.

Besides that I'm also watcing Prison Break, a relatively new show about, you guessed it, a prison break. Seen two episodes sofar and it looks to be entertaining.

yeah, I sofared through two episodes of prison break so far.

Hi,

Im watching Supernatural, Criminal Minds, Californication, Las Vegas & Heroes at the moment.

I absolutely love Supernatural, i love horror and those two boys are just totally HOT!!! It makes the show even better.

Regards
CARY

I've recently started watching supernatural as well and loving it. Not for hot blokes mind you but the show's nice and different. Instead of a sf show, it's based on horror and all those urban legends that are floating around. 2 guys not just investigating but facing head on the things that go bump in the night. Some of it's a bit cliche but there's plenty going on there. The characterisation's not bad at all.

Apart from that, Whedon's Dollhouse is interesting but knowing the Whedon/fox thing won't last more than a season unfortunately.

Following Battlestar Galactica but since there's only 1 episode left, that's not a biggie. If I could go back, I'd have stopped watching midway through season 3 as the show's just gotten incredibly dull and seems to be geared to marketing a spinoff rather than generating an ending to the saga.

I've recently started watching supernatural as well and loving it. Not for hot blokes mind you but the show's nice and different. Instead of a sf show, it's based on horror and all those urban legends that are floating around. 2 guys not just investigating but facing head on the things that go bump in the night. Some of it's a bit cliche but there's plenty going on there. The characterisation's not bad at all. The pilot's on youtube anyway to see if it's your cup of tea: YouTube - spnep4ever's Channel

My husband has been a Supernatural fan since the first episode and just recently got me to watch it as well. I went back and ordered all the previous seasons on my Netflix! It's one of my favorite shows. and geez...Sam or Dean, Sam or Dean... how does a girl choose? :)

I also love Eureka, on the SciFi channel, because it's fun and kind of out there. A new season starts soon, I think.

30 Rock, Flight of the Conchords

What is so great about them? The first episodes of 30 Rock I saw, I could not keep my jaw off the floor, thanks to unbelievable cleverness, funny, but stunningly so.

Flight of the Conchords is just, ever so quirksome. With the added bonus of, occasionally, a funny song.

Has anyone watched Downton Abbey?

No Ordinary Family. I hope it doesn't turn into another Heroes. Also, The Cape, The Defenders and Harry's Law. I've seen a couple episodes of the new Hawaii Five-0 but it's not a favorite.

Still watching Desperate Housewives, V, The Big Bang Theory and occasionally, Brothers and Sisters. Still love This Old House. Saw the last episode of Medium.

Boardwalk Empire
The Killing(Danish crime thriller)
True Blood S3
No Ordinary Family
Marchlands(spooky U.K drama)
The Good Wife S2
Arctic With Bruce Parry

Waiting for The Mentalist/The Event/Raising Hope to start up again after mid-season break,tho they only showed the 1st 5 eps of Hope. It's bloody frustrating!

"Harry's Law" ended up being okay. The trial scenes felt very unrealistic, but that's television for you. I can't wait for "The Borgias", "Camelot", and "Game of Thrones" to air. April's going to be a very good month for me TV-wise.

Shameless. Never seen the British version, so I don't know how it compares but I like this. William H Macy is doing a good job.
The Cape. It's not good, painfully bad most of the time,yet I can't seem to stop watching it.
Spartacus - Gods of the Arena. John Hannah is a wonder, and is going to be missed rotten in the upcoming season.

Blue Bloods
No Ordinary Family
The Event
The Mentalist
Game Of Thrones
Rubicon
In Treatment
Raising Hope
The Good Wife
Spiral
Doctor Who

Don't know how the hell I find time to read! :)

Back