• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?

my hobbies/things i like to do apart from reading are listening to music, playing most sports,hanging out with friends, using/playing computers & consoles

Apart from reading I enjoy web design, and incorporate my hobbies into this by creating websites on books, ancient egypt, riddles and The X-Files (although this one hasn't progressed very far).

I also enjoy the cinema, most types of music, most types of beer (especially Hoegaarden) and, on special occasions, kidnapping local children and hiding them in the basement.

Oops - I shouldn't 've said that! Now you all know I like The X-Files!

Mxx

I like watching movies, listening to music (and going to concerts when I can afford it!), gardening, scrapbooking, cross-stitch, and spending time with my family and pets (two dogs and two cats).

Well my hobbies depend on where I am. When in Vancouver B.C. in my real life I enjoy running, swimming, hiking and was getting into kayaking. My fav. thing to do though is go a great coffee shop on Main st. and feed my caffiene addiction while I loose myself in a great book or read the Sunday paper. Right now my hobbies are working as much as possible in order to pay for the next leg of my trip, and making a pathetic attempt to learn chinese! Well now I am homesick for my coffee and muffin, I guess a cup of tea will have to do.:D

It's a bit weird I haven't written anything here before, so I'm doing it now. My other hobbies include: collecting quotes, collecting favourite poems, theatre (I especially enjoy musicals), classical music concerts, watching tennis (mostly on tv only, regrettably), swimming and surfing the Net.

I like drawing and using the computer to color my pictures. Some of my online acquaintences hate Open Canvas, but I rather like using it. Also writing is a forte of mine. Original stories and fanfiction are my weaknesses. Occasionally though I will dabble in poetry.

It can't be forgotten that I collect trading cards of the series Yu-Gi-Oh and Yu Yu Hakusho, although now it is a bit harder to find YYH cards. Some of my friends can't see the appeal in playing the YGO video games, but I love them! If only we could settle all of our disputes through card duels!

Can making graphics be considered a hobby? I enjoy customizing forum signature banners and icons.

I really like listening to music. My favorite thing to do is to knock two birds with one stone and read while listening to music.

My secondary hobby is genealogy. It's fascinating to discover what some of my ancestors were up to. I've discovered a Civil War 'hero' who was court-martialed for going AWOL, two suicides, and two murderers in my family tree. :eek: I've also discovered a lot of other interesting people too, and a couple of years ago was inspired to organize a family reunion, the first in that branch of the family in about 15 years.

I have not enough time now for all of my hobbies...
I collect old British coins. I have enough of them to kill a couple of hours looking through my collection.
I carve from wood - boxwood mostly, but also from oak, mahogany etc. Most of my figures could be considered as to be made in netsuke technique, but some are quite ordinary.
Another hobby of mine is gardening, and another - constructional design and building...

Sergo said:
I have not enough time now for all of my hobbies...
I collect old British coins. I have enough of them to kill a couple of hours looking through my collection.
I carve from wood - boxwood mostly, but also from oak, mahogany etc. Most of my figures could be considered as to be made in netsuke technique, but some are quite ordinary.
Another hobby of mine is gardening, and another - constructional design and building...

How do you find time to do any reading? :)

CDA said:
How do you find time to do any reading? :)

That's easy: I read about two hours every working day.
To get to my office I need slightly more than an hour and twenty minutes, including a full hour in the metro. So, I have ten hours for reading every week...

Besides reading, I enjoy knitting, quiltmaking, games of many kinds- especially chess, puzzles, swimming and bicycle riding.

Sergo said:
That's easy: I read about two hours every working day.
To get to my office I need slightly more than an hour and twenty minutes, including a full hour in the metro. So, I have ten hours for reading every week...

That seems to work out quite well!:)

I like to crochet when I'm too cheap to buy Christmas gifts. I'm working on a hat for my Dispatch partner to match the scarf I made him last year. :eek:

I also make some pretty decent baked goods. I've even had people pay me to make cakes before.

Otherwise, I really like to sleep and slouch around the house in my PJs. I hope that can be a hobby...

Back