• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?

mehastings said:
Oh God. Don't play snood. He's not kidding about that "forget life" bit. It's been years now and my mother is STILL addicted to that game. Stay away!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning, I get so hooked on computer games that I have actually been written up at work before for playing the Gem drop game :eek:

Ronny said:
Thanks for the warning, I get so hooked on computer games that I have actually been written up at work before for playing the Gem drop game :eek:

No problem. Too bad our little Kiwi friend didn't see it in time. She'll probably never have time to read again.

Personal opinion, this one is way worse than Gem Drop. The little snoods all seem to be staring at you saying "you can beat this level...just five more minutes...you've never gotten this far, can't stop now..." It's horrid!

mehastings said:
No problem. Too bad our little Kiwi friend didn't see it in time. She'll probably never have time to read again.

Personal opinion, this one is way worse than Gem Drop. The little snoods all seem to be staring at you saying "you can beat this level...just five more minutes...you've never gotten this far, can't stop now..." It's horrid!
This thing is horrible. Why didn't you warn me that he wasn't kidding about the "forget life" bit and then tell me an anecdote about someone you know who has been swept up in this crazy game to further emphasise the point? Then I /might/ have stood a chance against staying away from this all-consuming monster. I was practically falling asleep at the computer last night, but I kept playing game after game, because each time I /knew/ that I could do better next time.

Again, darn you, CDA!

paintballing, listening to Rock n' Roll. Some video games. BIG POKER PLAYER. I made about $180 playing poker at boyscout camp this past year. And that was when I was still 13.

Good to see ya postin' amc. I'm not a gambling man myself. Wait until your a bit older, you'll love the online thing with card gambling.

Walking in the country with the dogs (then looking up where we've been in old books ;) ), listening to noise, sometimes looking at the Moon through my telescope.

Ice said:
Melin - I also love diving. Do you dive much? I don't get that much opportunity over here (well not without freezing!) though we did do our rescue this summer. I much prefer diving in the Caribbean :D

Sergo - I'd love to dive in the Maldives, some of the photo's I have seen have been spectacular.

And the reality is way better.
It was overwhelmingly queer to dive and meet face to face a hundred or so of big doradoes looking at me without a hint of fear... Imagine swimming with them, and having them turning with you, as if they admitted you being one of them...
Or swimming near a giant manta, or a much smaller, but just the same huge catfish... (I was told near New Zealand mantas are even larger...)
I made twenty or so photos of a scarpena (sp?) fish, I think that those photos could be sold on the streets, when I will be out of money, so beautiful scarpena is... Sharks... all the coral fish... I can speak about Maldives for hours.
The only black spot was in getting there: first of all our flight was delayed for 5 hours in Moscow, then our smal motor ship was broken in the storm after it has gone more than half a jorney from Male to our island and had to return as the wind was against us, and we had to board another (not all of us, some were so sick they could stand that no longer), and it finally took us twelve hours or so in the most crazy storm that I have ever seen to get to our island, and from our home in Moscow to our bungalow on the island it took more than 24 hours...
So if you ever decide to go there - ask them to arrange a plane. Not too expensive and much better...

Horses

Horses, they've always been my hobby, in each horse I see a mythical Pegasus spreading its wings in my dreams.
I looove watching them, taking care of them, feeding them sugar and carrots, playing with them, drawing them.....:eek:
I could talk about horses for hours so I'll try to stop here before you all get bored. I just want to add that a few months ago I took up riding lessons and I've been learning a lot since then, I'm very hard-working and willing to learn so I'm happy and proud to say that riding is now my dearest hobby.:)

Movies and games... for me... I have a pretty good size collection of both....

I also love to Fish but that is very limited now... I used to get a boat and go for the day or weekend... it was very nice... but since I have gotten ill I have been very limited in what I can do... Lately I have been very attracted to books and movies and less on the games....

I also like playing with Photoshop... I am just learning it but have made a few Harry Potter Wallpaper.... It is fun fixing old photos and stuff... but I still have a TONE to learn on it....

Here is some of my wallpapers...
LINK 1
LINK 2
LINK 3
LINK 4
LINK 5

Back