• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What other hobbies do you enjoy?

Ooo hobbies.

Well currently:
Tai-Chi (amazing, next year our teacher is going to teach us Kung-Fu as well, can't wait!)

Role-playing always keeps me busy, planning on starting two new games, have to finish a module I am writing, and help with some stuff in a Role-playing/War-gaming/Card-gaming society I am involved in. (Also play some card-games -Magic- on rare occasions)

I play squash when I can.

I have started drawing Anime, great fun and easier than I thought!

I also write a bit - short stories and the like but haven't finished anything I like yet.

Next year I am hoping to start archery (found an archery range close by), Medieval sword fighting (sounds cool, but I'll see if I have time) and I have to learn to ride a horse this coming year!

I play guitar on occasion, I am absolutely talent less, but it is sooo relaxing. I decided I play for my benefit, nobody else’s, so it doesn't matter whether I am good or not!

Then also the usual - play computer, watch movies, social.

Looking at the list I am going to have to prioritise next year, going to have work and studies to squeeze in between all the above!

My present hobby is managing a soccer team online (I play this for two years and I will play until the end of the swedish servers :D), I also love to collect telephone cards -unfortunately I have lost a part of this collection since I re-arranged my house and threw away a lot of stuff (including some of my t-cards)-, watching movies, going to theatre (in mo hometown or lately in the capital city which is cose to me -only 60km away-), reading (fortunately more lately since I have a lot of spare time in the week, after work), listening to music, etc.

Hobbies? Who has time for hobbies? I mean who has the time with all the reading, watching hockey and collecting Red Wings junk, going to the Theater, riding the motorcycles and taking winery tours.

I have lots of hobbies, too many maybe. I read, paint, garden, dance, sing, play video games, board games, do puzzles, watch a lot of movies and listen to a lot of music, some of those may not count as hobbies but thats what I spend my time doing.

I like to turn up some good blues,soul, or rock music and dance my funky butt off!!! I also like to ride on back of hubby's Harley around sharp curves in mountainous regions.But my favorite thing most of all is to scuba dive.

Melin said:
I like to turn up some good blues,soul, or rock music and dance my funky butt off!!! I also like to ride on back of hubby's Harley around sharp curves in mountainous regions.But my favorite thing most of all is to scuba dive.

Betcha can't scuba dive much in Longview:D It's imossible in Kansas, unless there's a flood;) That's something I've always thought I'd like to try though( not here, sillies).

abecedarian said:
Betcha can't scuba dive much in Longview:D It's imossible in Kansas, unless there's a flood;) That's something I've always thought I'd like to try though( not here, sillies).

Kheh-kheh...
The best ever "diving" without any equipment at all, and with diving hardly lower than a meter and a half, I experienced last year in the Maldives. A fabulous place... I've made several GBs of photographs...

Melin - I also love diving. Do you dive much? I don't get that much opportunity over here (well not without freezing!) though we did do our rescue this summer. I much prefer diving in the Caribbean :D

Sergo - I'd love to dive in the Maldives, some of the photo's I have seen have been spectacular.

MonkeyCatcher said:
Am I the only one here who has no idea what this is?

I'm with you on this one MC..I thought it was just because I'm an ignorant American;) Wonder if CDA knows about Red Rover and Flashlight Tag?

SPORTS!!!! :) I'm a badminton freak, and don't play as often as I'd like. I play table tennis, swim, bowling, squash (on occassion), pool, stuff. I aspire to represent my county in something, and at my age, the only thing I can realistically train for and be good at in time for the next Olympics is either archery or rifle/air pistol. Hah.

I also love watching football (Man United is my favourite team), badminton, tennis (women's and Federer), and any other sports, in that order. :)

I'm trying to learn guitar, but without much success. I play chess, xiangqi (look it up!) and snakes and ladders (hah!).

My latest endeavour is to learn to play golf along with my wife - that way, if I get addicted to it, my wife can't call herself a 'golf widow.'

ds

CDA said:
MC and ABC.

To understand Snood, play Snood.

Forget life.

Play Snood

Oh God. Don't play snood. He's not kidding about that "forget life" bit. It's been years now and my mother is STILL addicted to that game. Stay away!!! :rolleyes:

Back