• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What to say? Another newbie.

Undergrad-Girl

I suppose the proper thing to do when joining a new community is to introduce yourself (that explains the existence of this board). So, hello to you all! I'm a 22 year old, female undergrad (obviously) from British Columbia, Canada (and before anyone asks: I am undeclared).

I've read a few of the other introductions --- and it seems I am not the only one who has been searching for this type of forum. I'm so glad I finally found this forum.

welcome to the boards...

yep, i was just like you. just happened to stumble across this place. there's a lot of nutty people here (myself included) so you'll have a good time. stick around for a while.

Hi there and welcome to the forum!

Have fun but stay out of the basement. NEVER go there.

*lightning flash*

BTW, I really like your avatar, it's great :) Where did you get it?

Regards
SillyWabbit

Welcome to our place!

I used to know an Underwire-Girl that lived in Canada. You wouldn't be related by any chance would ya?

Hope you enjoy your stay. It would be my pleasure to show you around little-Girl.

*opens basement door* :eek:

RaVeN

Hey UnderGrad Girl!! Welcome to the Forum :)

What are you Undeclared about??!! :confused:

And you can go down to the basement, but stay away from that TRAP-DOOR (cos theres something down there! ;))

Phil

I don't understand that undeclared bit either. :confused: Are you drugs? Or is this some odd Canadian thing? Something to do with Mounties maybe.

phil_t said:
Hey UnderGrad Girl!! Welcome to the Forum :)

What are you Undeclared about??!! :confused:

And you can go down to the basement, but stay away from that TRAP-DOOR (cos theres something down there! ;))

Phil

Somewhere in the dark and nasty regions - where nobody goes, stands an ancient castle. Deep within this dank and uninviting place, lives Berk - "Hello" - The overworked servant of the thing, upstairs - "Berk! Feed me!". But that's nothing compared to the horrors that lurk, beneath the trapdoor. For there is always something down there, in the dark, waiting to come out...

Don't you open that trap door,
Your a fool if you dare,
Stay away from that trap door,
Cos' there's somethin' down there.

Closing lyrics.

Creepy, crawly, slimy things that stick onto your skin,
Horrid things with tentacles that want to pull you in,
Squirmy, worms, slugs and snails that lie there in a goo,
They'll wait down there forever till they get their hands on you.

Stay away from that trap door,
Cos' there's somethin' down there.

:D gotta love trapdoor!

Regards
SillyWabbit

My guess is she hasn't declared her major in school. Is that a saying that you don't have there or are you 2 just yankin her crank? :confused:

*shoves Litany through the trap door*

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
My guess is she hasn't declared her major in school. Is that a saying that you don't have there or are you 2 just yankin her crank? :confused:
Ahh, we don't do that. You pick your degree and then you do it. I was offered a PhD in America when I worked there, but apparently you have to take loads of classes to make up for all the ones you couldn't take during your degree because you were studying too many subjects. I really couldn't face sitting through lectures again. Especially for courses I'd already done. Sounded sucky.

You can choose modules and stuff here, but unless they're a language option they'd all be related to your degree. So there is no choosing of majors or classes as such. You apply to do your degree and then you are told what courses you have to take and what courses you are allowed to choose from.

Welcome to the Boards, Undergrad-Girl. You'll find us a friendly, though somewhat odd (but you already noticed that) bunch of booklovers.

Grab a chair, and have fun!

Cheers, Martin :cool:

Back