• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What upcoming books are you excited about?

venusunfolding

:D

So what books are supposed to be released this year that you just can't wait to get your hands on?

For me I'm very excited about a few already.

Francesca Lia Block has a new book called Ruby coming out in July.

Fanne Flagg has a new book called Can't Wait to Get to Heaven coming out the end of June.

• The Ninth Life of Louis Drax: A Novel by Liz Jensen
  • Kafka on The Shore by Haruki Murakami
  • The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty
  • The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster
  • House of the Deaf by Lamar Herrin

It depends what you mean with upcomming...
if you mean this year - non
if you mean 2007 - The last HP book (the release are due in 2007 if Im not wrong)

Edit:
Sorry! Didn't read your posting properly.
2006 - non....

I know there's two stephen king novels coming out soon that I can't wait to read, but other than that.. I guess I'm not sure what's all coming out. Whenever the next HP comes out will be good.

The Brooklyn Follies is already out. Or are we just talking about books on our TBR piles, irrespective of when they were published?

I'm trying not to get excited about anything published this year, as I'm officially on a self-imposed book-buying-embargo. However Kurt Vonnegut's A Man Without a Country has to be pretty essential. I'd also like to read Edward St Aubyn's recently reissued trilogy Some Hope before I read the sequel (which I already have :rolleyes:) Mother's Milk.

Shade said:
The Brooklyn Follies is already out. Or are we just talking about books on our TBR piles, irrespective of when they were published?

Not according to this:

The Brooklyn Follies - Paul Auster
Faber 2006 , 304 pages , £17.99 , HB
Buy this book here

Bitesize: Curious, upbeat, heartsong of a book from your man Auster ...

I'm hoping that James Ellroy's next book comes out this year. It's been a long 5 years since The Cold Six Thousand.

steffee said:
  • The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

I got that already, though the cover did say something like "advanced reading copy".

I'm looking forward to....hmmm I'll have to get back to you on that.:cool:

Stewart said:
Then you click on the link and find Brooklyn Follies, which came out on November 17, 2005. ;)

Yes, I should explain: I live in a paperback universe. I am assuming it's out sometime this year in this format.

venusunfolding said:
:So what books are supposed to be released this year that you just can't wait to get your hands on?

Among others - Cell (Stephen King), The Old Wine Shade (Martha Grimes) and the new Jo Bannister mystery, which I'm impatiently awaiting from Amazon UK.

The first book of Jeff Shaara's World War II trilogy comes out this fall--October. Why must I wait so long?

Back