• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what we look like, round 2.

Oh MC, you are SO cute. :) Your sisters have unusual names, so I guess you may have too. They are lovely names - what is there origon?

Poppy1 said:
Oh MC, you are SO cute. :) Your sisters have unusual names, so I guess you may have too. They are lovely names - what is there origon?
My father wanted the names to be mainly from literary works. Ayesha (Turkish, I think) is from the book She, Selena was a moon god in Roman (?) mythology and Aeronwy (Welsh) was from some book that I can't remember. My name is Jacinta, and it's the Spanish word for the flower hyacinth. And then there's Ben, my brother (not quite so exotic :D )

Ah, now we see where you got your love of books from.:) This is a really interesting thread to read over, I've never seen it before.

That was fun! Thanks, MC. You're adorable (but we already knew that.) Tell us more about the racecar -- like how did your father get it into the house, and why?

MonkeyCatcher said:
My father wanted the names to be mainly from literary works. Ayesha (Turkish, I think) is from the book She, Selena was a moon god in Roman (?) mythology and Aeronwy (Welsh) was from some book that I can't remember. My name is Jacinta, and it's the Spanish word for the flower hyacinth. And then there's Ben, my brother (not quite so exotic :D )
Oh wow, MC, that's so interesting!

StillILearn said:
Tell us more about the racecar -- like how did your father get it into the house, and why?
The racecar was at a museum that we went to that had old fighter planes and stuff in it - definitely not in the house :eek: :D The one on the seat was taken in my Nana's garden (she has a /huge/ rose garden, but that one was taken over by a summerhouse that sits on top of her pond)

I just noticed that you can't actually see it in the pictures very well, but I have freckles (in case you wanted to know :p ).

Since I've posted it elsewhere and I like knowing what others look like, here's a bad pic of me. I hat having my photo taken so I don't have any other current pictures.

Back