• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what we look like, round 2.

Prairie_girl: beautiful pics, i'm not in the least bit jealous of your obvious love for each other :eek:

SFG75: Great Cigars, I'm not in the least bit jealous of your ability to hold that cigar so darn nochalantly (an ex boss handed me a cigar at a party once and i fumbled with it :eek: )

Gallagher: what are your tattoos of?

... and Ell,

Gem, your picture looks like the niece of my son's girlfriend. Uncanny! I had to take a second look.

I get that all the time. People always ask me whether i've met them before - the most unbelievable time was when i walked into a little arts and crafts shop. The guy behind the counter came hurrying to me, huge smile on his face and just as he got close and was about to hug me he stopped and said, "oh, i thought you were my daughter, you looked just like her". My sister says so many people think they know me because i must have 'gotten around a bit' in my last life :rolleyes:

Gem said:
Prairie_girl: beautiful pics, i'm not in the least bit jealous of your obvious love for each other :eek:

SFG75: Great Cigars, I'm not in the least bit jealous of your ability to hold that cigar so darn nochalantly (an ex boss handed me a cigar at a party once and i fumbled with it :eek: )

Gallagher: what are your tattoos of?

hahahaha. Thanks Gem. yeah, we're pretty damn in love!

Prairie_Girl - Great pics! You guys look so happy together.. I wish you all the best for the future :) Where were they taken - the surroundings look so beautiful, especially the waterfall thingy.

Monkey, it was a small park about a mile from our apartment. You can't tell from the pictures but it was POURING rain throughout the entire ceremony, turning into a downpour just as we were signing our lives away....i mean the certificate! You also can't tell that we got married barefoot! We wore our shoes down the steps and across the bridge and then stopped, arm in arm, counted to three and kicked off our shoes. It was a small beautiful ceremony, and I wouldn't change it for the world. (and of course Caroline looked beautiful, I make her wear that black and white striped shirt all the time, I love it!)

All the best, prairie girl. The pictures are beautiful but, I don't know if my eyes are going bad or if I missed some of the pictures. You said something about Caroline's black and white t-shirt and all I see is a blue top

Prairie_Girl said:
Monkey, it was a small park about a mile from our apartment. You can't tell from the pictures but it was POURING rain throughout the entire ceremony, turning into a downpour just as we were signing our lives away....i mean the certificate! You also can't tell that we got married barefoot! We wore our shoes down the steps and across the bridge and then stopped, arm in arm, counted to three and kicked off our shoes. It was a small beautiful ceremony, and I wouldn't change it for the world. (and of course Caroline looked beautiful, I make her wear that black and white striped shirt all the time, I love it!)
Oh, that sounds so great.. I loved the part about the shoes :D. Rain would have made it even better - I love walking in the rain :)

What a nice wedding! I like weddings under trees, that's the perfect atmosphere.

Prairie_Girl, the best wishes for you and your wife!

clueless said:
All the best, prairie girl. The pictures are beautiful but, I don't know if my eyes are going bad or if I missed some of the pictures. You said something about Caroline's black and white t-shirt and all I see is a blue top

you're right it does look blue. She's the short one with the long hair and the pants. I"m in the skirt and poncho (the poncho was not a planned part of the outfit, I wish I hadn't had to wear it)

sirmyk said:
Ell, this is for you:

myk_bearlake.jpg

Hopefully I'm not as scary as you imagined. My wife is next to me in the image, but she got cut off, as I was the one taking the picture. In the background is Bear Lake, Idaho. We're standing in the water.

Bear Lake!! I have some gorgeous pics of that lake! No one I talk to has ever heard of it!

bearlake.jpg

Miss Shelf said:
Bear Lake!! I have some gorgeous pics of that lake! No one I talk to has ever heard of it!
Yeah, the tourquoise water doesn't show so well in my B&W pic. Couple questions... Did you drive in from the Utah side, or the Idaho side? Have you had a chance to dip your toes in the water? Most of the lake bottom is composed of tiny gray snail shells for those who haven't heard of the lake; it's quite amazing.

Isabell said:
Edited to add: I don't know how to get the actual image pasted on here
Go to a site such as Photo Bucket, and upload the image by following the directions on the site. They then give you the HTML code that you can copy and paste into the message box on this site so that your picture will show up.

sirmyk said:
Yeah, the tourquoise water doesn't show so well in my B&W pic. Couple questions... Did you drive in from the Utah side, or the Idaho side? Have you had a chance to dip your toes in the water? Most of the lake bottom is composed of tiny gray snail shells for those who haven't heard of the lake; it's quite amazing.

Umm...can't quite remember, we were driving from LA across country, we'd stopped in Salt Lake City overnight then drove north so we could go through Yellowstone. I dimly recall we only drove thru a tiny part of Idaho. When I saw Bear Lake I didn't want to leave-I wanted to buy land and live there. I'm settling for having my ashes scattered there when I die. :D I'd never seen such beautiful water. I took lots of pics but none of them did justice to the color of the water. Nope, didn't dip my toes in the water-it was late September and I'm not completely insane! :p I hope one day I get the chance to go back-and there better not be a Wal-Mart on the shore!

MonkeyCatcher said:
Go to a site such as Photo Bucket, and upload the image by following the directions on the site. They then give you the HTML code that you can copy and paste into the message box on this site so that your picture will show up.

Ok, thanks...I actually forgot I have an account with them....DUH!

Back