• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What would you miss?

honeydevil said:
i'm the younger one, what a pain... and can it be that the older sisters always more beautiful than the younger one? or is it just this way in my family? :confused: :)
I'm happy for that to be the case :D

hd my sister is very beautiful, she's just modest. and wolhay i like your new avatar a lot!!! but soured milk on purpose? really? that's interesting.

jenngorham said:
and wolhay i like your new avatar a lot!!! but soured milk on purpose? really? that's interesting.

i agree with jenn. and wolhay, could it be by any possibility that you mean sour creme?

jenngorham said:
ok yeah sour cream sounds a lot more appealing, but different strokes for different folks.

jap i think you're right... i mean how can some people like the unsweet peanutbutter? :eek:

that's what i was trying to say, different culture, different food...
i have to confess i eat unsweat peanutbutter, i put i on bread and pour a whole bunch of sugar on it... that how i eat it... :D

Soured milk has about the same consistency of yogurth, things don't easily go through it. Example image

Looking in a German dictionary it says that it translates to "schwedische Sauermilch" so perhaps it's not even something common in the rest of Scandinavia.

jenngorham said:
but soured milk on purpose? really? that's interesting.
been to scandinavia, had witnessed it

still remember the first morning i got down to the kitchen and made myself a toast with some innocent looking jam that was in the table :(

mr_michel said:
been to scandinavia, had witnessed it

still remember the first morning i got down to the kitchen and made myself a toast with some innocent looking jam that was in the table :(

that is too funny. :D

ok enough of scandinavian food tastes, lets talk about me

what do i miss, well first of all my family, specially my nieces and newphews(see, being the younger uncle is my sacred duty to spoil them :p ).
my friends from all my life.

the food, thats very important, spicy greasy food, at reasonable prices.
bussiness hours, i miss to be able to go to a restaurant at anytime of the afternoon, to be able to buy anything up to 10 or 11 pm. to find all night stores and restaurants.
to have home delivery form the pharmacy
my suv.
tv, both mexican and from the states
my house

English (unless I went to another English speaking country). Languages aren't really my gift, even though I can speak Spanish fairly fluently and a smattering of a few others. I would miss the command I have of my language, to be able to use sarcasm and subtleties and nuances to convey close to exactly what I was thinking at the time.

And our massive waste of energy. Morally wrong? Yes. Does it feel good? Yes. Am I combating it actively? Not as much as I should. *goes to take a long, hot shower*

What I miss about home (Australia):

• The food - timtams, burger rings, meat pies in the pie warmer of every convenience store and petrol station, good chocolate, good ice cream, gelati, fresh fruit that doesn't cost a bomb, lamb, potato cakes, Red Rooster chicken, KFC chips (chicken salt!!) and my mother's cooking
  • The restaurants and the serving hours - being able to get beautiful italien coffee at all hours of the night
  • TV - I actually prefer having 5 channels to having 50. It means that when there's nothing on I do other things, rather than settling for some horrendous cable home makeover show.
  • All the seasons - summer when it's too hot to move, autumn when they call it autumn and you get those random warm days that make you break out the beach gear when you thought the season was over, winter which doesn't require an enormous coat and allows me to wear stylish clothes rather than a winter coat, and springtime when the weather starts to warm up and I celebrate my birthday in the park
  • Family and friends, but I think that's a given
  • My beach, and snorkelling on hot days,
  • Music - local bands are awesome, and the ones here are so generic.
  • Queen Victoria market - fresh food on Wednesdays!
  • Shopping in Melbourne
  • Rain - everyone is happy when it rains in the right places.
  • Hockey - field hockey, that is, which they don't really have here.

I'm sure there's more, but that's my brain dump for today. There are certain things I miss about Canada when I'm away too, in particular the summers and the skiing.

Acolyte said:
English (unless I went to another English speaking country). Languages aren't really my gift, even though I can speak Spanish fairly fluently and a smattering of a few others. I would miss the command I have of my language, to be able to use sarcasm and subtleties and nuances to convey close to exactly what I was thinking at the time.

And our massive waste of energy. Morally wrong? Yes. Does it feel good? Yes. Am I combating it actively? Not as much as I should. *goes to take a long, hot shower*

It is not as hard as it seems. Okay learning english was bitch, in the beginning, all the slang and the different accents... the southern drawl, but being sarcastic and all this is pretty easy, being mad is easy too..., but you're right i miss my language too, i miss the sound of saying Ich liebe dich instead of i love you... i love you sounds so common... :eek:

Back