• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

jenn... what happened to you? Hope everything is fine. Well done on your fundraiser - some community service thingee for a club, or personal effort? I've seen this somewhere - socialite?

:D

ds

everything is fine. i just gave myself a turn is all. as they say in newfoundland , best kind. on the mend. thanks though.

yes i'm a socialite. ahahhahah too funny. no i work for a family resource center and we are in a bit o'trouble financially. we are a victim of our own success as more and more people are realizing the need and benefits of family programs etc however our funding has been the same for 10 years. so instead of going around with our hands out we are starting to organize annual events and this was our first one. we did brilliantly, so we are all fired up for the fall.

ok off my soapbox.

Well, it's interesting for me, cause before all I knew was you constantly trying to keep your young 'uns from swallowing too much crayon while you indulged in a little TBFing in your kitchen... :)

So not just a socialite, but a successful one to boot.

I've a couple of hours to spend before turning in, but the forum is incredibly quiet, and people not responding and stuff. Plus it's been a rough day. :( Not too good, today.

ds

Let's see. Today I'm: sitting on my bum, making rolls (because it's always fun to bake during high humidity and higher temps), and procrastinating on starting two LJ communities (really boring topics - wouldn't do to ask).

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Jenn! And you're a successful socialite to boot. Lovely!

My plan for today is to ignore the beautiful sunshine outside and concentrate on getting my work done. I have a conference next week, and still have to finish up a poster I'm working on. It should have been done this weekend, but alas I received a nasty bout of food poisoning yesterday which put paid to that idea. I am feeling much better today, however!

It seems to be a slow day on TBF, which is possibly a good thing for getting my work done today :rolleyes: .

oh nice, kook... it looks like summer...

i'm gonna actually clean my room and pack my stuff together (which i wanted to do a LONG time ago... :rolleyes: ) and then i will read (go figure) and then i will try to get back to my drawing...

i am wicked cranky today. it is one of those days where if someone approached me with a ticket outta here, man i would be so hard pressed not to bail.

jenngorham said:
i am wicked cranky today. it is one of those days where if someone approached me with a ticket outta here, man i would be so hard pressed not to bail.

what happened?

(and three more weeks and i'm back where everything smells different, the night has a chill even in the summer, the lake is black with only a moon shining and the water has no chlorine in it... )

Sorry, continue...

I was going to ask you when you were going home, hd! Wow, you excited?!?! I know when I went back to Oz for the first time in 17 months I was over the moon. My flight was delayed a day by weather and it was absolute TORTURE!!

my one year old has the stomach flu and so it has literally been a shitty day!! LOL

so hd, you are going home to germany for good or just a visit? that is exciting, how long have you been away?

I'm not sure if it is for good, but i definitly go for the next two years so that i can finish my school... and then i will see how everything works itself out...

Sure i'm excited... what i said, everythings smells different, tastes differnet, feels different, but it kinda hard to leave everything behind... again...

oh and om three weeks i'm in the United States for almost 12 month...

WOOT!! holidays.

Read and post on here in bed.
Driving lesson with mum
Poetry course for 3 hours.
Come home and friends come over
Train into the city and go to a nightclub.
Come home and sleeeep.

(although tomorrow is my boring day.
Facial in the morning, and then working ALL day at my dads office.)

lani

what did i do today? hmm..oh yes, had a huuuuuuuge fight with the housekeeper (for those that don't know, i run an inn..i'm not rich!) dahlings.....anywho, it was pure and absolute chaos around the inn for about an hour. fun fun. where's that bitching thread? i feel the need to bitch....! :eek: :eek: :eek:

i mean i don't think i'm a bad person..i'm easy to get along with...i have a great sense of humour, and yet, and yet......ugh....did someone say yet where that venting thread is?

After getting about 5 hours of sleep, I woke up at 9 and helped lay sod till about 11:30. Ate lunch, got in the pool, tanned for about 45 minutes, got out, took a shower, watched Miss Congeniality 2, did some laundry, read a little bit, went out for dinner to a Thai restaurant, then to Applebee's for dessert. Came home, saw that the Pepsi 400 was postponed, so I took an hour long nap. And here I am, eating my leftover Thai food, and getting ready for the race to finally start.

Today I have so far: bought three books; made a mix tape for the car and wasted time on the internet. Later I plan to wash and straighten my hair, and read. I love lazy days.

Tomorrow: Go shopping somewhere in the local area; then go with my friend to Plymouth to see the Kings of Leon in concert :D I can't wait!

Hm...I woke up four hours ago. Since then I have eaten breakfast, been reading in the hammock in the shadow of a big tree. The entire sky is blue and its warm and sunny. And I also ran around in the lake-river thingy (I don't know what to call it) fiord? And now I'm going to wander around here a little, and then I'm going outside again. Ah...summer...annoying sun everywhere with its bitter rays of light that burns with their brightness and warmth, and leaves white marks on your vision so that you see the sunlight everywhere. Yuck. No, seriously, I don't like the fact that we have seasons. There should be more variation, like four summers and three winters in a year. That would be nice.

Ho hum. It's a holiday and everyone is busy doing holiday stuff, which means there will be little socializing for me today. Perhaps I'll bake some pies. Or maybe I'll just sit and stare into space. I didn't get enough sleep last night to do anything meaningful with my time today. I suppose I won't be getting any sleep tonight either. :mad:

Back