• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

what's everyone up to today?

Somehow, last night a bat got into my house. I waited untill it flew back upstairs and into my computer room and then closed the door behind it and opened one of the windows as far as it would go. The bloody thing spent ages flying round and round my head while I was on the internet before it made its way out again.
All of which was an odd experience but not entirely unpleasant.

no i would say that the bat added some nice ambience.

well off home for a few days. have fun everyone. see you when i get back.

Exam results

I got my exam results today for my As levels. I was so nervous but it was okay I got:
Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A

I'm so happy! :) :) :)

alisa said:
I got my exam results today for my As levels. I was so nervous but it was okay I got:
Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A

Blimey you brainy thing! Congratulations, thats a fantastic result.

alisa said:
Maths - A
Physics - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A

Congrats!, geography is the best though isn't it? :) First day of school here for the kids. 185 days of pure joy. ;) :)

I am just having one of them days feeling sorry for myself and i need a good boot up my arse to get me moving!

I'm all over the place. I went outside about an hour ago and found my tortoise on his back, I don't know how long he had been there, but he was scared shitless ( he had had a few commotions in his underpants). Ive righted him and given him some nice iceberg lettuce but he has scuttled off and is hiding his head. It upset me so much I forgot to put the mushrooms and celery in the soup I am making.

Apart from that domestic animal drama, its a nasty sort of day here, all heavy and yellow in the sky, we may be in for an exciting and dangerous storm later.

Also got my AS results today (well done alisa, by the way) and I'm feeling justified in being smug...
English Lit. - A
Politics - A
History - A
French - A
General Studies - A

:D :D Sorry, I'm a bit over the top today :D

francesca said:
( he had had a few commotions in his underpants). It upset me so much I forgot to put the mushrooms and celery in the soup I am making.

QUOTE]

francesca -- this made me laugh out loud!

Let me see ;) Early this morning I had music playing so that I could prance around the room whilst the kettle boiled. Then took my morning cuppa to the den whilst I checked my email and favourite websites. And I've not budged since - my arse has been firmly planted on my chair. As for the rest of the day - I shall probably spend it doing the usual: A lot of writing, more reading and having strange conversations with my parrot who has taken to calling me Rat Arse! How rude :(

Kenny Shovel said:
Somehow, last night a bat got into my house. I waited untill it flew back upstairs and into my computer room and then closed the door behind it and opened one of the windows as far as it would go. The bloody thing spent ages flying round and round my head while I was on the internet before it made its way out again.
All of which was an odd experience but not entirely unpleasant.

Bats! I love bats. I know a woman who harbors (incubates, I guess -- nothing to do with succubi -- oops, digression) baby bats in her bra. I even know how to tell bat scat from mouse droppings. Why I know this ar·ca·num ar·ca·no·rum is because we had bats roosting above our front door and they were having nightly "commotions" on an eye-level ledge, and you can imagine my well, anyway -- I did some research online, and learned that we shouldn't try to block or screen them out of their homes during August or July due to the potential of trapping their babies in there (breathe, Still), so we put up a couple of bathouses (east side - no sun) et -- voila! They have relocated!

I am assuming and hoping that it was into their new bat-abodes...

Breaca said:
who has taken to calling me Rat Arse! (

Maybe he isn't calling you Rat Arse? Maybe he's speaking Egyptian and has mistaken you for a sun god?

(That'll be quite enough, Still. Thank you very much, Still. Now -- get back to work.)

Jennifer and Alisa, congratulations on your excellent marks in your A levels!!!! Way to go, proud of you both. :D :D :D

So far today, I spent a little time volunteering at my children's school, ran a couple of errands and now, about to eat lunch with my youngest. The rest of my day will be spent doing housework, supervising homework when the children get home, and all the rest of that domestic goddess stuff. Exciting, huh? :rolleyes: I may get a little reading time when my little one naps, and maybe later tonite after the children are all put to bed.

It's becoming the trend in my area to purchase bat houses in order to keep the bugs away. I never understood why people have a problem with bats... okay, flying around your head and making noise in your roof is understandably alarming, but I think they're really pretty to watch at night scooting about from tree to tree homing in on things.

Wow kids are back at school all ready? My son doesn't go back till Sept 7, he'll be in second grade, he is so excited and bugs me everyday with "is it time yet? can I see my stuff?" and the like. I am taking him out for some clothes and shoe shopping today and I need to find a pretty dress for myself of course :) We are going to make a day of it, get lunch and probably go see March of the Penguins.

francesca said:
I'm all over the place. I went outside about an hour ago and found my tortoise on his back, I don't know how long he had been there, but he was scared shitless ( he had had a few commotions in his underpants). Ive righted him and given him some nice iceberg lettuce but he has scuttled off and is hiding his head. It upset me so much I forgot to put the mushrooms and celery in the soup I am making.

Apart from that domestic animal drama, its a nasty sort of day here, all heavy and yellow in the sky, we may be in for an exciting and dangerous storm later.

Sorry you tortoise got tipped over, I'm sure he'll recover. When we were kids we had a box turtle that had been ran over by a car, my dad rescued him from the roadside, brought him home to us and my brother still has him.

My partner tried to get a turtle last year, but it's illegal to sell them in my part of Canada (mostly because of children/salmonella issues). So we'd have to get one shipped from Toronto or the west coast to an airport that's 2 hours away and we have no vehicle :( . Fate didn't seem on our side!

We have rats instead, though, and they're just adorable :)! You wouldn't believe how much trouble they've been, though (2 neuterings, and 2 emergency surgeries later). I took Potatoes to the vet this morning and have been given antibiotics because his neutering isn't healing up well. Unfortunately you can't get an Elizabethan collar to fit a rat to keep them from licking their sutures.

When my sugar gliders had their surgery, I made them little E collars, to keep them from licking/chewing. You may try cutting one down to their size if they appear to be licking/chewing on area.

Ronny said:
When my sugar gliders had their surgery, I made them little E collars, to keep them from licking/chewing. You may try cutting one down to their size if they appear to be licking/chewing on area.
The problem is that rats have elongated heads like a funnel, so any collar comes off pretty easily. We tried to put one on one of our other boys when he cut his toe and nearly bled to death, but it just stressed him out and he got it off really easily. It was so cute, too! It was the right size, and attached by velcro. Potatoes has a different build, though, and a meatier head, so maybe we should try again.

Back