• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's It Like By You Today?

It seems to be that chasing storms to get a little footage is grounds for a psychological examination.

My oldest daughter has a friend who is a storm chaser for the National Weather Service..I think he's a few fries short, myself. This video was shot inside a specially designed tank-like vehicle.. but if those winds were in the 150-175 mph range, that would be something like an f3 or f4 tornado...I don't think I'd want to be the test dummy for that equipment.

I wouldn't like to test one of those things, either. What do they hope to gain by snuggling up to a storm like that? Well... besides an adrenaline rush.

I wouldn't like to test one of those things, either. What do they hope to gain by snuggling up to a storm like that? Well... besides an adrenaline rush.

I guess they want to show what it's like inside a tornado..and live to tell. I don't see the need myself. I've seen the Wizard of Oz, after all.

Just returned from babysitting duties in Manchester. Weather forecaster was spot on when she quipped: We're going to have the rain belt that keeps on giving. But I couldn't keep the toddlers in the house cos a floor man was hammering & the boys wanted to play with his nails & keep asking 'What you doing? Why?' So out to the library - always good in the brand new one in Urmston. Read three books. Sure Start had cut their Tuesday pm reading for kids there but many turn up anyway out of habit. After the first book I had a crowd of 3 extra kids sitting on the mat in front of me. I tend to read rather theatrically.
On the way home we passed a small kids park. In we go cos I'd dressed the two boys in waterproof boilder suits and wellies. Butbutbut both slides were decorated generously with bark pieces so I was wiping those off when Oliver shot off the other slide. As I rushed to pick the shocked yet delighted (as it turned out) lad up, his younger bro whizzed off the other slide in the opposite direction. Lesson: Slides in pouring rain are faster when wearing nylon all-in-one clothes.
In normal clothes we find wet slides slow us down. Coefficient of friction is significantly different betwixt clothes as all mums instinctively knows but I have to experiment
wink.png

Heavy fog this morning while taking the kiddies to school, rain periods - overcast and drab the whole day. Winter is definitely on it's way here.

You lead a much more exciting life than I do Geo - loved your description of the young 'uns on the slide. Seems so long ago for me.

After bucketfuls of rain yesterday and some crashing thunder, all is calm today so far BUT the humidex promises to be up in the 30's C or 90's F so looks like a day for the AC to be turned on. I sometimes long for the moderate weather of dear old England when the hot, wet stuff moves in here.

Heavy fog this morning while taking the kiddies to school, rain periods - overcast and drab the whole day. Winter is definitely on it's way here.

At least you won't have to deal with snow Summer but rain can be a real irritation when the youngsters can't get out to play.:(

We don't have a back yard anyway, so the kids don't get out at all, the park is their only play option at the moment, but due to the rain that's out now too:( There's an indoor play area at McDonald's but I don't like the kids eating there it's too unhealthy.

Partially sunny, 72 degrees, and uber windy...looks and feels exactly like we're being set up for the sort of nasty weather the forecasters are predicting for later...which means I'll be stopping at the store for extra batteries for the flashlights and radio. Dd Rachel and the granddaughters will be over after naps..just in case. Probably will do so tomorrow afternoon too. Such is life in Tornado Alley during the peak of the season.

Partially sunny, 72 degrees, and uber windy...looks and feels exactly like we're being set up for the sort of nasty weather the forecasters are predicting for later...which means I'll be stopping at the store for extra batteries for the flashlights and radio. Dd Rachel and the granddaughters will be over after naps..just in case. Probably will do so tomorrow afternoon too. Such is life in Tornado Alley during the peak of the season.

Just so long as you live to tell the tale.

Back