• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

What's your favourite word? And worst?

direstraits said:
Hey Billy, some words are just crunts, aren't they? They sure should hunt and punt those out of the young runts who say them, huh?

:D

ds

LOL, they certainly should. :p You forgot to mention how they would grunt as those 'unt' words were punted out of those young runts. ;)

The greates word is "Tapochki". At school we had one russian boy who was bringing funny words from his home. And Tapochki was one of his best. Crowds of kids were running in our school yard, screeming in joy "Tapochki-Tapochki-Tapochki". It just means "slippers" in russian. In German they also have a funny word for it- "Pantoffel".

The English "Slippers" sounds less nice, it does not have that comfort that one would expect from a pair of house shoes. Pantoffel and Tapochki sound more homy, like a hot tea with a lemon, in a cold winter day.

I actually quite hate the words 'faggots' and 'brains'. However, I quite like these.

(Not sure I did the link thing right, sozzy if it doesn't work)

What a revolting name, it doesn;t exactly whet one's appetite, does it? (we really need a puking smiley here.)

I like this Dutch word for cuddling, just think it sounds great "knuffel".

What other words do I like....hmmm....
hissy-fit
breezy

I hate the word engorged:eek:

I HATE.....NO.....DESPISE THE WORD: panties

ewwwwwwwwww just typing that I wanna scream!

I like : embellish and archaic.:)

Miss Shelf said:
Pulchritude. How can a word that means "beautiful" make me think of vomit?
Because it sounds like something that would be associated with vomit?

I had no idea what that word meant and if you hadn't said it meant beautiful, I would have assumed it had something to do with rot because it reminds me of the word putrid.

Good word:

susurration \soo-suh-RAY-shun\, noun:
A whispering sound; a soft murmur.

(What is that word for words that sound like what they are describing?)

Bad word:

slur

CDA said:
I actually quite hate the words 'faggots' and 'brains'. However, I quite like these.

(Not sure I did the link thing right, sozzy if it doesn't work)

CDA, I saw a pickup truck with an exact and immense replica of your avatar on its door parked outside my house the other day. I did a doubletake (as you can imagine), and saw that it had the words "ATOMIC PRINTING" written beneath. I had to laugh! :D It wasn't you, was it?

Back