• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When do you read?

When do you read?

• early morning

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • noon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • early afternoon(1-3)

• evening(4-8

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Late night(9-12)

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Any time-no preference

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • I don't read, I'm just a slope-headed reject who posts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mostly I read before sleeping. When I'm not too tired in the morning I read on my way to work. Sometimes during lunch break and when going home in the evening. But I prefer evenings. Or sunny afternoons out on the balcony. :cool:

I prefer to read in the evening in bed before going to sleep.
But now, I read whenever I have the time. School's out, so I now read in the afternoon. I'm not doing much yet...

I read whenever I get the chance but late night is best-nice and quiet! Sleepy/rainy afternoons can be great to, read awhile and take a nap!

Don't really have favorite time to read. I'll do it pretty much whenever I get the chance to. Most times it is late night though.

I usually read just after after my 8 month old goes to sleep (my husband and I read aloud just before we put her to bed so I suppose that counts too). I'll also read whenever I get the chance but I generally only get a chance at night.

I selected anytime since I'm an opportunist. I do get most of my reading done late at night, but I learned early in life, to carry a book with me everywhere just in case I get stuck somewhere with time to kill. Switching music teachers for my kids has proven beneficial for me too, since I have to sit for an hour in his living room anyway...

Yeah I usually carry a book with me where ever I go as well. Because you never know when the opportunity will arise. Sometimes the lines at the grocery store can be quite long so I get to do some reading then.

Many moons ago, when I toddled off to seventh grade and the dangers of middle school, the school tried a year long project where one class period per day was set aside for Sustained Silent Reading..this was on a rotation basis..so Monday was first hour, Tues. second hour etc.. I was already an avid reader, so this was pure bliss for me. But, I quickly learned to A. Carry a book at all times and B. Make sure to carry a spare since the wises reader did not want to get stuck bookless, and therefore at the mercy of whatever 'gems' the teacher managed to secure for 'those' kids. Since then, I've never carried a little purse! Did you know that diaper bags are great for stowing a book or two?:p

^ Diaper bags eh? I never thought about getting one of those for book carrying. I am in the hunt for a good messenger bag though. I've ruined many many purses trying to carry hardcovers in them.

i picked anytime but i mostly like reading early in the morning w/ a good cup of coffee or at night till REALLY late.

Whenever I can. I watch very little TV and am getting better at limiting my computer time. So other than sleeping, reading is my most done activity. Was when I was a kid too. Of course we didn't have the net then.

Many moons ago, when I toddled off to seventh grade and the dangers of middle school, the school tried a year long project where one class period per day was set aside for Sustained Silent Reading..this was on a rotation basis..so Monday was first hour, Tues. second hour etc.. I was already an avid reader, so this was pure bliss for me. But, I quickly learned to A. Carry a book at all times and B. Make sure to carry a spare since the wises reader did not want to get stuck bookless, and therefore at the mercy of whatever 'gems' the teacher managed to secure for 'those' kids. Since then, I've never carried a little purse! Did you know that diaper bags are great for stowing a book or two?:p

We had that. I forgot my book once or twice and so I read the classroom's encyclopaedia!

Back