• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

when look out my windows i see...

saliotthomas

A long dirt road,donkey carts,women in djelaba of strangely assorted colors,the atlas mont,lots of olive trees,kids with too big bicycles,a vine field supported by bambo,turtles slow but determinated,my dogs chasing birds,my wife gardening,laundry drying,palm trees some with the top missing,antiques mopeds,sheeps grasing....
I have lots of windows!
what do you see if it's not to private to ask?

In the back I see my fenced in backyard with lots of snow. In the front I see my street and lots of snow!

I see my front yard with a mailbox by the drive way that contains my car. I also see the street and my neighbors house across the way.

I'm currently on the eighth floor of an office building in central London. Looking straight to my left (approximately east), I can see down Euston Road and up Pentonville toward Islington. Slightly to the north are the British Library, St Pancras International Station and King's Cross. Arsenal's new stadium is visible too.

If I look a little to the south east, I can see the City of London – the new Broadgate Tower, the Gherkin, City Point and the Barbican are all visible.

If I look out of windows at the south of the building, I can see toward the Thames – the London Eye is on the horizon.

To the west, I can see the BT Tower, the new University College Hospital and the Senate House.

If I look out of the north facing windows, I can see Wembley on the horizon.

I have a wonderful view of our sewage lagoon(Don't even think about swimming here, folks!) and part of the back yard. All the trees are still in wintermode, so they're rather naked and cold-looking right now. But since I've not heard of a White Witch coming to power, there's hope that Spring and warmer weather Will arrive soon and allow the trees to do that leafy thing they do. I can hardly wait.

I have a wonderful view of our sewage lagoon(Don't even think about swimming here, folks!) and part of the back yard. All the trees are still in wintermode, so they're rather naked and cold-looking right now. But since I've not heard of a White Witch coming to power, there's hope that Spring and warmer weather Will arrive soon and allow the trees to do that leafy thing they do. I can hardly wait.

I love your avatar!

~ Andrea

I'm currently at work, so when I look out of my back window I see my car, a van, a pickup truck, a parking lot and a workshop.

Out of my side window I see the building next door, their little bit of grass that isn't winter dormant, their workshop, their parking lot and the railroad tracks beyond their property.

I wish I was at home where I see nothing but trees and wildlife. *sigh*

Every window I look out, I see winter bare trees black from the winter and rain. I see cows huddled under a barn thats was built in the 1940's and is old and tired. I see deer grazing in the pasture. I see birds of every description. The brilliant scarlet of the cardinals in winter is something to see. I see my dogs herding said cows. I see my children play in mud puddles in their birthday suits. I see the daffodils blooming in riots of yellow everywhere. I see the winter ducks and geese on the ponds. I see old farm equipment laying dormant, long passed use. I see the trees budding out telling me spring is coming.

I do not see people....

I see only the quiet little corner of my world.

Back