• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

When You Read Your Morning Paper,

It depends. If Mr. Abc gets to the paper before I do, I usually read the local and state section while he reads the A Section, with the world and national news first. If he sleeps in, I'll start at the front and work my way back. That's with the daily paper. On Sundays, I get the Arts and Fashion section while he gets the above mentioned sections first- I read faster than he does, so I'll read the book section and the wedding/anniversary announcements before heading for the Sunday Ads. I don't usually bother with sports or classifieds.

I read the "midlands" section in the Omaha World-Herald which always pushes my blood pressure skywards. I then read the opinion/editorial section and then I don't read the rest of the paper until I write a letter to the editor in response. I then calm down by doing the crossword puzzle every day.

If I'm reading my small town paper, I read the "public record" so that I can know who did what when, where, and why. :cool:

I read the comics first.

If I'm reading my small town paper, I read the "public record" so that I can know who did what when, where, and why. :cool:

Speculating on the why is the best part.

What section do you read first, Carl?

After scanning the headlines I head straight for the comics, then double back through the sports before I get to the news sections.

I read the summaries on the front page of the WSJ, and then read the full story if it catches my interest. Otherwise, the op/ed is first.

My small town paper is a combined paper, covering several small towns in the western half of our county. I start at the front and try not to blink when I get to the page or two alloted to MY town. It's always fun to see who's picture made the paper..specially at fair time.

I read the "midlands" section in the Omaha World-Herald which always pushes my blood pressure skywards. I then read the opinion/editorial section and then I don't read the rest of the paper until I write a letter to the editor in response. I then calm down by doing the crossword puzzle every day.

My local paper is the Washington Post. I check the headlines on the first pages of all the sections, to see if any articles are particularly urgent, then I check certain pages that are relevant to my work, such as the page for Federal employees. When I'm done riffling back and forth this way, I start with the first section and work my way through the rest in order.

This is a long process, but it can't wait until lunch or after work. Most of what Washington does all day is react to the morning's news.

Back