• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Whew!

Ashlea

Almost just spent more money buying books online. Managed to close the browser before I entered my credit card info, but it was a close thing.

I have a serious illness, people. I have about 60 books on my "to read" shelf alone, not counting many, many others floating around in my library unread.

Also, I just got some used audiobooks for listing to on the daily commute. And I got one in the mail today.

Maybe we should start a 12-step program for this? :(

And just what are you doing reading all of those other books? Hmmm? I thought you had three fantasy books just waiting on you. Hmmmm??? It was my karma that made you close that window young lady.

Yep, 3 lovely fantasy novels just sitting in my inbox as well! And I wasted all last evening reading Entertainment Weekly.

Well i'd love to read more books, but i seem to spend all my time on this forum, desperately hoping people will turn up and post!!

Phil :)

You've only got 60 books on your "to read" shelf Ashlea? I easily have over 200.
How much are the membership fees for your program? Not that I can afford it, my credit cards are already maxed out.

RaVeN

Originally posted by Ashlea
I have about 60 books on my "to read" shelf alone, not counting many, many others floating around in my library unread.

Excellent. Can I quote you the next time someone makes a comment on my unread stack of about 30 books when I'm in the bookshop buying 5 more? I'll point out how much worse it could be and then maybe they'll leave me alone.

The loft is full of books. The bookshelves are full. There are teetering piles all over the bedroom that make it quite dangerous to move about. But I don't care. I will not be stopped!

Originally posted by Phil:

Well i'd love to read more books, but i seem to spend all my time on this forum, desperately hoping people will turn up and post!!
That is so sad (and so recognisable!).

Cheers, Martin :D

Hey Litany :)

Wow, you live in Surrey too!! I put London cos i thought i nobody would have heard of Surrey!!

And you have the same birthday as me too!!

Spooky :)

(And Martin, you know you are just the same ;))

Phil

I suspect that litany is just your alter ego, you schizophrenic maniac you!

Well of course I would be five years older than me. I can't have all the details the same. That would be too obvious. But keeping the birthday the same is essential. When you lie about your birthday they always catch you out on the star sign. And so what if we're schizophrenic? We like it like that. It means we never have to go the cinema alone.

Wow, ive just inherited a schizophrenic side i never knew about - these forums get cooler by the day!!

Phil/Litany :)

LOL!

Did I welcome you already? I didn't, did I?

Well, welcome to the Boards, Litany, you'll fit right in, I'm sure. Have fun here, and don't be a stranger!

By the way, get Phil out from under your coat. Trust me, you don't want him there!

And dont worry about spamming away - Darren's great and doesnt seem to mind us brazenly destroying threads at will (either that or he hasnt noticed us yet <hides from Darren>) :)

And i promise not to do too-much untoward whilst under your coat .... depends if you're a male litany or a female litany i suppose!! :D

Phil

Originally posted by phil_t
Wow, ive just inherited a schizophrenic side i never knew about - these forums get cooler by the day!!

Phil/Litany :)

Just so long as you realise that I'm the dominant personality here. I don't want you getting ideas above your station.

Thanks for the welcome :D

Litany/Phil :)

Phil, your fiancee just called, she left you.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Back