• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Which Was the Last Book You Read in One Sitting?

It'd been a while since I'd read a book in one sitting but last week out sick from work I had the time so read Terry Pratchett's Wintersmith.

I read The Catcher in the Rye and The Quiet American in the same sitting during a 12 hour flight from Japan to San Francisco.

I can not sleep on planes :(

Me either. :) I read David Sedaris "Naked" (about 300 pgs) on a flight from LA to Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

Let's see...recently:
The Clothes They Stood Up In - Alan Bennett (which doesn't really count since it's only about 160 pages)
The Stupidest Angel - Christopher Moore (just yesterday)
The latest Stephanie Plum book

The only book I've read in one sitting was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, and then I felt like I hadn't savoured it enough so I read it again, but slowly :lol:

"The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox"... it was my day off, so I picked it up off my bookshelf and was actually quite surprised... it was very good! :)

The only book I've read in one sitting was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, and then I felt like I hadn't savoured it enough so I read it again, but slowly :lol:

Isn't that a great book? I did the same thing - I couldn't put it down the first time and read straight through as well! :)

I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in one sitting, because I could not stand not knowing if Harry lived or died. It took me about 12 and a half hours to finish. But, it was so worth that 12 and a half hours of rainy Sunday.

Most recently, On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan...a very quick read. Also read New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, on a flight from Sydney to Canada. The same with Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro (excuse spelling if that's incorrect).

Isambard, I'm currently reading World War Z too. I agree with you, gotta love those zombies. :)

Reading in one sitting isn't working for me though, tax time and I'm a bookkeeper.

I don't remember. I think the only books I've ever read in one sitting were the kind of kids' books where there's huge pictures and like 5 words per page.

Back