• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Who will win the World Cup?

Who's gonna win the world cup?

• Japan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Argentina

• Holland

• France

• Spain

• Paraguay

• Total voters
kirsty said:
Trinidad and Tobaggo: [I will be] hoping that they are second in our group. They've done really well to qualify and to get through to the quarters would be a massive boost to their country and supporters.

Most of those supporters are in Scotland. Sales of T&T tops are very high.

Stewart said:
Most of those supporters are in Scotland. Sales of T&T tops are very high.

What gives you the impression that most of their supporters are in Scotland? In the friendlies that I've watched, the support has been pre-dominantly (well, almost exclusivley) black, which seems unlikley that many of those will be from Scotland considering the representation of people from ethnic minorities in Scotland.

T&T tops have sold very well. I've got mine on order at the moment, and am a bit dissapointed about the delays they've had from the manufacturers.

I've just realised that you are located in Glasgow and so more than likley making an observation regarding shirts in Scotland. I originally thought that you were implying that much of T&T's support (following them across the world for friendlies) was from Scottish folk. But I get it now :eek:

Their main striker is Jason Scotland, a Scottish based player. Sales have rocketed in the shirts in the hope that, during the group stages, everyone can see Scotland score against England.

A lot of their players play/have played in England, and so there's loadsa people cheering them on living in England too - me being one of them. I'd really love them to qualify, but I can't see it. Still, if they do, it'd be great for their country.

Serbia and Montenegro :)

at 125/1 worth a bet

especially since Spain are 12/1 and serbia and montenegro were above spain second and first respectively. Conceded 1 goal.

although unsure if they will even get out of the group of death

but im optimistic

Go Serbia :D

Gem said:
World Cup Trivia Quiz

I gave up after i got four right and 12 wrong. My answers were right, the questions were wrong :eek: :D

I only answered one question, and got it right. After that, I quit without answering any more, for the sake of my newly developed self esteem. I don't watch sports anyway (what a waste of time when you could be watching reruns of Gilmore Girls!) and anyway I'm just another stupid (or ignorant, if you prefer) American :D. I didn't actually vote, so as not to mess up the percentages, but if I did, I would vote for Italy because it is a very nice, beautiful country.

Veggiedog
I would vote for Italy because it is a very nice, beautiful country.

Of course, those are the exact things to take into consideration when deciding on the winning team.:D

Steffee:
The four I got right were pure guesses, too.

My four right answers were not guesses. Nope, I just somehow happened to know all the qualifying histories for the various asian countries...;) :D

I've always been fairly keen on football and get as excited as the next person if their team is doing well but I've always realised that winning the world cup was always just out of England's reach. This year more than ever I want them to win as my seven year old son George is so much into football. He supports Liverpool and we had all sorts of problems, tears and tantrums etc. when it looked like thery were about to lose the F.A. Cup. I just dread to think how he'll cope when we lose a match in the World Cup; it doesn't bare thinking about. I'm realistic and just know however good the side is, something's bound to go wrong.:mad:

Oh yeah Stewart one more thing.;) I've worked in Scotland for many years in the past and have been in bars in Thurso and Scrabster when England have been playing; I've witnessed, with a rye smile the jocks:eek: cheering on the opposition who ever they are. You Scotsman are right; maybe we have just milked the 66 win a little too much over the years but I honestly do cheer for Scotland or Wales or Ireland in whatever sport they're in. Come on, join in and give us a cheer:D

veggiedog said:
I didn't actually vote, so as not to mess up the percentages, but if I did, I would vote for Italy because it is a very nice, beautiful country.
Come on veggiedog, vote for Italy, we want to show the spirit of the Italian fans ;)

Stewart said:
Based on recent form, South Korea (beaten 3-1 last weekend by Ghana!) don't look like building on the success of the 2002 competition where they reached the semi-finals.

I hope the Koreans win, although they are likely to flop. If they do well the government here will call national holidays. I like time off. None of my students, despite the fact they all have soccer fever, think their country will do too well.

Back