• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why Can't Female Writers Write?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, Stewart. Now you have censored me! Why did you delete my entire post? Was it as offensive as that putz's? No censorship here? HA! Only the posts that criticize the moderators, apparently. I am leaving. gone, gone, gone.

Okay, Stewart. Now you have censored me! Why did you delete my entire post? Was it as offensive as that putz's? No censorship here? HA! Only the posts that criticize the moderators, apparently. I am leaving. gone, gone, gone.

I did not delete your post. I moved it. As I said I would, I would tidy this thread up to keep it on topic. You want it back? Fine.

EDIT: I should add that since you want a forum where everyone is supernice then you would be best to go and set up camp at Book Club Forum. It has all the content of a hairdresser's conversation and everyone is extremely nice to the point of fakery. It may suit. Don't expect to get much out of the discussions there since they seem preoccupied by the number of pages they've read rather than what they've read.

Stewart,

Sorry for bringing this up again, but just to clarify what I think is the problem. Let me first say that I think that for the most time, you do a great job as a moderator. Any site should have a healthy level of debate; I've been on sites where any post even slightly critical of anything whatsoever gets removed, and I certainly don't want that.

But you can't seriously claim ignorance of what is the problem with eyez0nme. It's not a matter of a few "inconsiderately worded" posts - eyez0nme wants to offend people. He sucks at it, so he just keeps mining until eventually he gets a reaction, then he responds with insults about people's nationality, sexuality, gender, mental health, or anything he can come up with. He does it again and again and again - certainly more than three times by now - and he will keep doing it until people stop responding to him (and while the "ignore him and he'll go away" idea sounds fine, it has never once worked in the history of mnkind) or he is banned.

It's quite hard to bother where one side makes stupid inconsiderately worded posts and the other half responds by calling him 'fucko' and 'twat' and 'fuckhead'
or implying that he's under mental care, as you have done? I would say that there's a difference between getting fed up with an insistant troll and insulting people as a habit. You're right that this could be an interesting topic, but it wasn't Smila who killed it; she tried to argue her point, and eyez0nme responded with a personal attack that was completely and utterly uncalled for - though nowhere near unexpected since, again, this is what he does. Every single time.

But I guess it's not really a problem. He just needs to word his speculations that people are mentally ill or rape victims more considerately.

Thanks for your thoughts beer good. I certainly agree that we can't go on with eyez0nme and I have asked the other mods for their feedback on what to do. It isn't, after all, the Stewart Show.

you can't seriously claim ignorance of what is the problem with eyez0nme. It's not a matter of a few "inconsiderately worded" posts - eyez0nme wants to offend people.
I can see that. Perhaps it's just me that doesn't get offended because I'm not on the end of the attack and therefore I don't appreciate the problem.

As it is I have taken some action as regards eyez0nme without consulting the other mods as I felt it was something that had to be done. And with immediate effect. And since this thread is a mismatch of on and off topics chatter I see no reason to keep it open. But, since it is an interesting discussion, there should be no objection to a similar topic being created as long as we can all remain on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back