• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why Can't Female Writers Write?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyez0nme

The suck compared to men. They ramble on and on, using the deadened adverbs incesstantly. Horrible.

The only good female writers are Harper Lee, Katherine Mansfield, Shriley Jackson, and the woman who wrote the Yellow Wallpaper. Everyone else suck. :mad:

Wwhy?

Mr. Fucko here understand the Bill of Rights, unlike Mr. Ions.

Ammendment 1: I can speak freely on how I feel, whether it is crass or callow. Get used to it, kid.

Well, the main reason for a lack of female classics is because of role women had in society through much of history. But I sort of agree with you here and I do prefer male writers to female writers, though that may just be because I am a guy.

The suck compared to men. They ramble on and on, using the deadened adverbs incesstantly. Horrible.

The only good female writers are Harper Lee, Katherine Mansfield, Shriley Jackson, and the woman who wrote the Yellow Wallpaper. Everyone else suck. :mad:

Wwhy?

Apparently you guys don't read that much. I'll just provide you with a small sample. You may want to go to the library with this list then come back and have a discussion without displaying your ignorance.

Maya Angelou
Margaret Atwood
Gwendolyn Brooks
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Pearl S. Buck
Emily Dickenson
Isek Dinesen
Joan Didion
Daphne DuMaurier
George Eliot
Nikki Giovanni
Jane Hamilton
Lillian Helman
Margaret Laurence
Mary McCarthy
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Toni Morrison
Marsha Norman
Joyce Carol Oates
Flannery O'Connor
Dorothy Parker
Sylvia Plath
Adrienne Rich
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Harriet Beecher Stowe
Anne Tyler
Alice Walker
Wendy Wasserstein
Virginia Woolf

This is a private site not the USA idiot.

This isn't the USA?

*gasp*

You and Bush--go to hell.

Your theology sucks.

I believe thus was Benjamin Franklin who said... something to the effect: If you give up your freedom, your death somethin somethin somethin.

They are boring and horrorendous.

Emily Dickinson is not a writer, but a poet...

Please justify your remarks and tell me which of those WRITERS works you have read and specifically why you find them boring and horrendous. And just for your future edification - poets WRITE. They are considered writers. Are you really this stupid, or just pretending? Do you even know who half of those authoris are?

Its painfully obvious you have not read that much (by males or females) and you have no desire to engage in a thoughtful discussion about authors or books. If you cannot be a civil adult - why come here? You cannot possibly be an adult! If so, you need to grow up and learn how to have a conversation with other people. Jumping in and out of a web and posting your silly, inarticulate and blatantly ignorant remarks does nothing whatsoever to further the discussion for those of us who obviously come from a higher gene pool than yourself.

Did you know James Joyce Rowling was forced to go J.K. because the publishers knew the male population were sexist and would never buy Harry Potter because it was written by a female? That's why she went J.K.; she was forced to: For sales.

Female can not write compared to male. Everyone knows this, that's why many readers stray away from feminine quality prose towards a hard, cut, hard-broiled, over the edge noir stories written by a masculine man.

You are a full-blown moron and you have no idea what you are talking about. Go post somewhere else. You have just made my ignore list.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, to name a few. There were also several female writers in the past that wrote under male nom de plumes due to the issue one posted above about the issue of the role of women in society.

ummmmmmmmmmmmm

heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, to name a few. There were also several female writers in the past that wrote under male nom de plumes due to the issue one posted above about the issue of the role of women in society.

Overrated and boring. There are many who agrees with me.

This isn't the USA?

*gasp*

You and Bush--go to hell.

Your theology sucks.

I believe thus was Benjamin Franklin who said... something to the effect: If you give up your freedom, your death somethin somethin somethin.

smila, i think this just sums up your correct assessment. the twit is inarticulate, rude, and uneducated.

smila, i think this just sums up your correct assessment. the twit is inarticulate, rude, and uneducated.

I guarantee you this joker has never picked up anything by the Brontes or Jane Austen. He is just trying to provoke a reaction OR he really is that stupid! In any even he's not worth more of my energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back