• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

why did you join the book forum?

bobbyburns said:
well, golly, it looks we got ourselves a reader. hey buddy, come here. <shoves him> come here. we're morons and we don't like you said.

Hello, I think you misunderstood my post. I was just making general observations and not posting anything specific about this forum.

By the way, if you're looking for a fight, I can recommend you to some excellent forums where people are more than willing to take you on. Your attempt at flaming is so poor that it's laughable. I can recommend you some excellent sites where you can learn how to flame better. :)

Don't get him wrong. That's just bobby's way of saying welcome to the forum and he wants to have your baby......for dessert.

RaVeN

RaVeN said:
Don't get him wrong. That's just bobby's way of saying welcome to the forum and he wants to have your baby......for dessert.

RaVeN
Bobbyburns just doesn't like new people :)

harishankar said:
I suppose the only way to achieve more focus in a book forum is to moderate very heavily and move the off-topic stuff ruthlessly into "General Discussion" or to get very seriously involved members who understand the nature of your site and won't indulge in joking and fun most of the time.

well you are currently answering a post in the general chat forum......... :rolleyes:

Yes I recognised the sarcasm straight away. I have been a prowler here for quite a while before I registered and I am accustomed to the somewhat twisted sense of humour prevalent around here ;)

If I really wanted a fight my response would have been totally different -- like scathing, ruthless, cutting, contemptuous!! :D

Given the darts and gloves above, it seems a bit silly beginning this post with 'I joined the forum because...' Strangely, I was researching on publishers and Ask Jeeves brought me here. Darren's obviously well connected. :cool:

Finding this site, I wasn't displeased. A lot of users here are quite intelligent and passionate about their reads and writes, and there have been and still are some amazing threads, the bunter spicing it up. (voice over: Hay my dear, I'm getting separated soon!) If literary discussions got too high level, intense academic garble-gook, I'd probably run. There are universities and postgrad schools for that. This for me is recreation.

harishankar said:
If I really wanted a fight my response would have been totally different -- like scathing, ruthless, cutting, contemptuous!!
let's see what you got, big boy. BRING ON THE PAIN!!!!

Sell Sword said:
Because my wife isn't the least bit interested in hearing me blab about the latest of the many novels I'm reading :( . So I figured I could blab to a bunch of total strangers on the internet. ;)

lol -Since I live in a neighborhood where people would rather party, be on the streets, or play video games and virtually NOBODY reads it's nice to find people to "blab" about books with.

I joined a year ago because I really wanted to be part of an online community where I can talk about BOOKS!! I then became part of a reading group on another forum I frequent and didn't post here for a long time :eek:

The other forums I go on (not book related) appear to have descended into immature bitchy backstabbing and I have fled!

erm, i need stimulation hehehehe

There are a great many reasons to join a book discussion forum such as this one. I joined because:

1. This is a great and wonderful place to discuss about books. It gives me the opportunity to write more frequently (and also daily if I post here everyday). It is obvious that discussing about books further your understanding of the books being discussed. Since I love discussing books, this is my place!

2. Another wonderful aspect of this forum is the Author Discussion. It gives me the chance to give out commentaries about my favorite authors. I will try to post there sometimes.

3. Since I love to read and "consume" books at a fast pace, I always need someone to recommend a book for me to read. Hence, here, we have Book of the Month, which is perfectly fine for that purpose of mine.

Keep reading everyone. :)

The other forums I go on (not book related) appear to have descended into immature bitchy backstabbing and I have fled!
It's true that a book forum tend to attract a rather more civilized and knowledgeable crowd than the typical internet discussion board or chat room.

yeah right, you're about as likely to find an intelligent person here as you are a lesbian in one of those f4f chatrooms.

Back