• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Why, The Book Forum?

Why are you here?

• My friends ask to me to come.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Peder said:
SFG, Ice, CDA,
It sounds like you know you have something valuable and that it is well worth keeping that way. Good show! (If that is the right expression, coming from an American :) )
Sincerely,
Peder

I've not been here long myself, but I've been on the electricinterwebnet for ages. Years, on and off. This is the first time I've actually hung around a forum for more than five minutes.

Tally-ho, old chap!

:)

CDA said:
. This is the first time I've actually hung around a forum for more than five minutes.

Tally-ho, old chap!

:)

he just likes all the hippies that hang out here.

I've been in a few book forums -for a very short time. Some were snobby amd bitchy, others boring, too silly, too dead, classics only, pulp only. This is the only one with a good mixture of people and different types of books.

clueless said:
I've been in a few book forums -for a very short time. Some were snobby amd bitchy, others boring, too silly, too dead, classics only, pulp only. This is the only one with a good mixture of people and different types of books.

Oh I agree!. I joined a few others when I joined TBF. They just didn't have a good feel to them at all and I noticed a lot of the characteristics that you mentioned. Yes, I like to read the serious stuff from time to time, but I also like the popular authors tha may or may not be remembered years from now. I do enjoy seriousness on a site, but you need someone like Moto to change the pace when he makes one of his more creative threads. On other sites, the problem is a few people force others into a straight-jacket of what they like-which is disappointing.

This seems as good as place as any to say hasta luego, mis amigos! The asylum is back open for business and it's party time in the CK Hizz-ouse!*

*I'm sure if Krunk'd was here, he'd correct my spelling. Middle-aged ladies like myself should not try to engage in that hippity-hoppity language young people speak today, but I am aflutter with relief and joy!

Irene Wilde said:
This seems as good as place as any to say hasta luego, mis amigos! The asylum is back open for business and it's party time
love you doll...come back soon...please....

Irene Wilde said:
This seems as good as place as any to say hasta luego, mis amigos! The asylum is back open for business and it's party time in the CK Hizz-ouse!*

*I'm sure if Krunk'd was here, he'd correct my spelling. Middle-aged ladies like myself should not try to engage in that hippity-hoppity language young people speak today, but I am aflutter with relief and joy!

That's fa shizzle, Rizzle**

**but we parents are onto them :)

Irene Wilde said:

QUOTE]

You what?

I was attracted to the forum because it was such a friendly and fun place, and of course I love to talk about books.

SFG75 said:
I never understoof half of what posted at times by certain members. :confused: :confused:

irene was just on loan to us temporarily and now she has to go back to her online home. she stills peeks in on us once and a while though. ;)

*jenn waves goodbye*

Guess I'm abit too late to know that there's another related topic. And my another newly posted thread was deleted too since there's an old one related to what I've posted.

Thanks everybody here to have voted in my thread, and thanks everybody here for posting so many comments in these 2 days when I Have disappeared.

:D

Peder said:
That's fa shizzle, Rizzle**

**but we parents are onto them :)

Now be honest Peder-is that really you in those Chrysler commercials with Snoop Dog? I think I see a similarity between that Iacocca character and your avatar. Are you Lee Iacocca!? :eek: :D

SFG75 said:
Now be honest Peder-is that really you in those Chrysler commercials with Snoop Dog? I think I see a similarity between that Iacocca character and your avatar. Are you Lee Iacocca!? :eek: :D
Not a chance SFG! I should be so lucky!
My knowledge of shizzle is all book learniing ..... from a book I would not even dare mention in TBF :eek:
I have very wide reading tastes :D
Peder

Ice was looking for a book, so I came on to ask a question about it, and stayed because it was an excellent resource and nice community. It was a fairly small place at the time, compared to what it is now.

Phil

oh yah! great resources. Books lovers here must be waiting for some news about new books coming into public.

there's alot options, but i never had the space to put up.
some people might be writers here and wanted to post their works here... yah?

Back