• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

willy wonka

ruby

I carnt wait to go and see willy wonka love johnny depp and its directed by tim burton so it should be dark just hope they have keeped the story basically . :)

that does look pretty cool, but J depp looks like a crazy teenager it the trailers, no offence if yer a fan. but it does look pretty entertaining

The previews for it look pretty dumb. It might turn out to be pretty good, but I don't have high hopes for that.

I was a little shocked/disappointed when I saw the previews, it looked a bit different than I had pictured in my head. But I've liked all of Tim Burton's, movies so far, Roald Dahl's books and most of Johnny Depp's roles so I will still see it first thing this weekend.

I'm a big fan of Tim Burton! I was looking foward to it very much as I like Tim Burton and I also like Roald Dahl. However, I was also put off a bit by the trailers. Although maybe the trailers are geared toward kids... so hoping its good. I will go and see it :)

Supposedly it is closer to "Dahl's vision" than the original movie was (reason why the original movie and the book don't have the same title). I've read the book and seen the original movie and I didn't see too many major differences (ourside of the oompaloompas), but perhaps to the author there were.

Supposedly it is closer to "Dahl's vision" than the original movie was

I've heard that and it's been awhile since I read the book so I couldn't remember what was different in the first movie. I think I'll add the book onto my son's reading list this summer.

fav tim burton film

Ronnie have you ever watched big fish? its stars ewan mcgregor,albert finney what a film! Its funny but i cryed at the end,take a look if you havent seen it,its worth a look and its only a pg,my 12yr old loved it! :)

I loved the stories, characters and the scenery was great as I always expect in a Burton film.

Ronny said:
What is your favourite Tim Burton film?

Edward Scissor hands. It's a really beautiful modern fairy tale with something to say about our world. Great movie :)

Really like all his movies - apart from planet of the apes. That was pants :(

My fave was Sleepy Hollow, I loved the whole look of the film. The scenery, costumes, character and that it had a bit of everything emotionally, it was scary, funny, romantic. But I buy most of his films and love them, too.

planet of the apes. That was pants

I totally agree with that assertion :)

I went today and I thought it was freakin great, I loved it. A lot funnier than the old one and gives much more of the story. I was laughing through most of the movie, my son and our friends liked it, too.

They showed a preview for the Corpse Bride coming up in September, it looks good. I had heard they were working on it. It looks a lot like Nightmare Before Christmas.

Ronny said:
I went today and I thought it was freakin great, I loved it. A lot funnier than the old one and gives much more of the story. I was laughing through most of the movie, my son and our friends liked it, too.

They showed a preview for the Corpse Bride coming up in September, it looks good. I had heard they were working on it. It looks a lot like Nightmare Before Christmas.
Ronny i am glad you liked it,carnt wait for it to come out here i think its next week! :)

I was the only one that liked it out of my friends. They said the original one was better, which I haven't seen. The oompaloompa songs were pretty bad, but i thought the message at the end about family was very beautiful.

Back