• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Windows 8 : Anybody else using it?

Mainly to keep the PC secure, a firewall and antivirus software isn't enough.

The best way to keep your PC secure is not to go onto dodgy websites! And don't download cracks or software from dodgy sites ie any one purporting to give you something for free you would otherwise pay for.

The updates are massively eating of data, of which I only have a limited supply and take absolutely forever.

The best way to keep your PC secure is not to go onto dodgy websites! And don't download cracks or software from dodgy sites ie any one purporting to give you something for free you would otherwise pay for.

While I appreciate your experience, I'll continue with the course recommended by the developer.

Well...

Windows 2000: solid
Windows ME: utter shit
Windows XP: solid
Windows Vista: big, steaming pile
Windows 7: solid
Windows 8: big, steaming pile

History is on my side.
Totally agree. Unfortunately, I needed a new laptop for work, so I'm stuck with Windows 8 for the mo. Horrible, horrible os. Unwieldy and not at all intuitive.

Mainly to keep the PC secure, a firewall and antivirus software isn't enough.

That and to resolve compatibility issues.

Printer geek moment: Windows 8.1 does not support smb scanning, this should be fixed in the next update. I'm sure there's some other issues too. :D

My daughter started using Win 8 and she seems to actually like it. I, on the other hand, want my Start button.

Although I understand you can get it back now.

Back