• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Winter's Tale

defiant_whisper

I would like to suggest a book that I doubt many of you have read (if any of you have read it let me know because i've never met someone who has)... the book is called Winter's Tale and it was written by Mark Helprin... it is a low fantasy story... i believe the back cover describes it best... "Vault into the cold, clear air across a frozen, fabulous time of love and laughter with Perter Lake, master thief, and his flying white horse. Thunder toward the 21st century, leading lunatics, lovers, rascals and dreamers over snodrifts, through raging storms, furious battles, walls of ice and pillars of fire, to the golden city of out glorious future." Sounds cheesy i know... but it's one of the best books i've ever read... and i've read A LOT.

Emm, are you sure about this book's title, whisper :) ? I searched it, but only came up with a book titled " A city in Winter: The Quenn's Tale". Since it sounded interesting from your info here, I wanted to know more about it. But not sure if the one I said here was the same one you talked about. :confused:

I found 'The Blind Assasin' amazing, and although long I got threw it quickly. I find the style in which was written in was intense and yet managed to keep the reader interested till the very end. I liked the surprise ending which I wasn't expecting although I was expecting it for a while. How she managed to write a story which wasn't related to her life like that and make it believeble I shall never know.

I found a copy of this a couple years back it was a very good story I was riveted from begining to end only setting it down for pesky work. :) I don't think there's a single book I've read that's come close to the style it was written in and it had a truly original plot instead of just another good vs. evil rehash that kept me turning the pages as fast as my eyes would allow. It's definitely not a book for everyone I know of a quite a few people that just couldn't adjust to the writing style and story but if you can it's a book that will remain in the keeper section of your bookshelf.

Ben Holiday said:
I found a copy of this a couple years back it was a very good story I was riveted from begining to end only setting it down for pesky work. :) I don't think there's a single book I've read that's come close to the style it was written in and it had a truly original plot instead of just another good vs. evil rehash that kept me turning the pages as fast as my eyes would allow. It's definitely not a book for everyone I know of a quite a few people that just couldn't adjust to the writing style and story but if you can it's a book that will remain in the keeper section of your bookshelf.

I hear that! :) Winter's Tale was a fantastic book. I actually found it in an old box of my dad's when i was searching through the garage... FINALLY!... someone else who has read it

Back